Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Live/Design View doesn't work after editing

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone!

There's an annoying problem occurring with me while using Dreamweaver. When I first open something to edit, the "views" works perfectly, but when I start to make changes in the code and refreshing to update the edits, my Live/Design view goes blank and nothing shows up. I can only view my edits in browser, but I need it to load in the software.

Already tried switching between Live view and designs view; Turn it off and on again; Updated the software to the latest version; Uninstalled and Installed the software 2 times cleaning every file alive in the Mac, which worked at first, but then the problem came back

Really don't know how to proceed... Already dug in the internet trying to find any solution but nothing worked.

Hope someone can help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

It sounds to me like you may have some code errors that DW doesn't know how to handle, but the browsers ignore.

Try running the validation tool under File > Validate > Validate Current Document W3C or go to http://validator.w3.org/nu and repair any errors listed.

If your document is free of errors and it's still happening, I would try restoring preferences and/or reinstalling using the cleaner tool...

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds to me like you may have some code errors that DW doesn't know how to handle, but the browsers ignore.

Try running the validation tool under File > Validate > Validate Current Document W3C or go to http://validator.w3.org/nu and repair any errors listed.

If your document is free of errors and it's still happening, I would try restoring preferences and/or reinstalling using the cleaner tool...

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try these steps! Thank you for the answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're an angel! Thank you so much!

I used the tool to validate the code and found the problem... Trying to run Google Web Designer stuff on Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines