Highlighted

Dreamweaver live view does not match actual posted website configuration

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to get Dreamweaver live view to match my posted websites on either Safari or Firefox.  Why?  The design looks great in Dreamweaver in the Live and Split views but text boxes, menu bars and content boxes shift when posted.

Also, I can not get my pages to work using the Preview setting.  Can anyone help?

This is on a Mac Pro if that makes a difference.

Thank you all.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

1) Start by fixing  your code errors.

[Invalid] Markup Validation of https://www.dreamdayjewelry.com/ - W3C Markup Validator

2) Your site is not responsive which means you're alienating a big segment of mobile & tablet users.

3) You cannot precisely align elements over a complex background image and expect it to look correct in all devices.  That's a bit like trying to nail jelly to the ceiling.  It won't work on the web.

TOPICS
Create menus in Dreamweaver, Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues, Learn Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver live view does not match actual posted website configuration

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to get Dreamweaver live view to match my posted websites on either Safari or Firefox.  Why?  The design looks great in Dreamweaver in the Live and Split views but text boxes, menu bars and content boxes shift when posted.

Also, I can not get my pages to work using the Preview setting.  Can anyone help?

This is on a Mac Pro if that makes a difference.

Thank you all.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

[Invalid] Markup Validation of https://www.dreamdayjewelry.com/ - W3C Markup Validator

2) Your site is not responsive which means you're alienating a big segment of mobile & tablet users.

3) You cannot precisely align elements over a complex background image and expect it to look correct in all devices.  That's a bit like trying to nail jelly to the ceiling.  It won't work on the web.

TOPICS
Create menus in Dreamweaver, Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues, Learn Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 20, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your code contain any errors? Errors can effect display in both DW & browsers.

What's the URL to your online site? 

Did you upload all scripts and CSS files to your server?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The URL is: https://www.dreamdayjewelry.com/

This page looks absolutely correct in Dreamweaver both in Split and Live view. As you can see, it has severe issues when posted.

Thank you for any help.

Bill

Also, I did not have this problem in previous issues of Dreamweaver.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you for your reply. I will make those changes and reconfigure in a responsive format.

Sometime the photographer in me gets in the way of good web development.

Bill

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2018 0