• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Locking Up

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest upgrade to version 21 every time I open a site or page from a site the whole program freezes. I am trying to open a very straightforward HTML site, nothing large of difficult.
I've now had to fall back on a text editor. Not what I'm paying £50 a month for!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps, like Restoring Preferences or Uninstalling/Re-Installing via the CC Desktop App?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon

Thanks for your reply. I've narrowed the issue down to opening a site in plit view. If I open in code only window then all seems to work fine, although quite sluggish. 

I've restored defaults and I can't see it being a resources issue as I'm using a new Macbook Pro with 64Gb of memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With your HTML page are there includes to remote servers on the page?  It sounds to me that one of your remote files may be the cause of this issue because in Live View, Dreamweaver is trying to go out and grab all files to make the page render whereas Code View does not trigger this response.  I would assume if you switched the split view to show Design View instead of Live View you would get the same result since Design View does not query for external files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben

A split view of Code/Live works ok if somewhat sluggish when scrolling or typing. When I switch to just Live view the whole program locks up, all menus etc are totally unresponsive.

I've now tried several sites and found that there are three that cause this and the others are OK. There doesn't appear to be a common denominator between the "problem" sites and I worked on all of them with the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you linking to external files; Bootstrap CDN etc?

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines