• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Menu Fonts are HUGE

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using DW CC 21.0 on Windows 10 on a dual monitor setup. One monitor is an UHD laptop built-in monitor with 3840 x 2160 and scaling set at 250% while the  physically larger monitor is an ultrawide monitor at 2560 x 1080 with no scaling (100%). My preferred monitor for DW is the ultrawide. But, any menus, both main menu and context menus, are displayed in HUGE fonts that dominate the screen when running DW on the ultrawide. If I run it on the UHD laptop monitor everything is normal, but placement on my physical desktop and desire for the larger physical monitor for split-screen precludes using the laptop as my main DW editing display.

If I had to guess I'd suspect that the scaling from the UHD monitor is coming across to DW on the ultrawide. I did experiment with changing the scaling on the UHD but that had no impact on DW. I've seen elsewhere in this form that DW doesn't do well with UHD monitors. I've seen recommendations to down-scale the resolution on the laptop but am reluctant to do this (since I paid for the higher resolution).

Any suggestions for settings or work arounds will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Larry

TOPICS
Interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, all Adobe products work best with 100% (normal) sized fonts & icons.  When you increase your display's scaling too much beyond 100%, there's no telling what it will do to your user interface.  You may experience anything from mildly truncated panels/menus to totally unusable.   I think you just need to experiment with display settings (resolution and scaling) until you find an acceptable sweet spot that you can comfortably live with.

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an update a few versions back that was supposed to fix the Windows hidpi issue but it appears that may be happening again.  You can submit a bug report with your details of the Win 10 OS: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html .

The other thing you can do is follow this old KB article from before the patch and see if disabling scaling by DW works.  https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/dreamweaver-cc-2017-does-not-display-correctly-on-win7-h-dpi-... .  You should be able to perform this task even if you are not an administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks much for the replies so far. I have some additional information on this. First, I have had other scaling issues with other applications, though not quite like this menu problem with DW.

Second, if I set up my computer with the monitor closed and only the external monitor active DW works perfectly. The external monitor has no scaling. I suspect that somehow the scaling from the UHD laptop monitor is being applied to DW on the external monitor where DW is running. 

I bit the bullet today and ordered two HD monitors so I can have the dual monitors I need without the scaling problems I'm having with DW and other apps. 

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines