• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver MX2004 activation

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am rebuilding a workstation (upgrading to Windows 7) and just reinstalled Dreamweaver MX2004.  The install works fine but when I open the software for the first time, I am prompted to activate the license through a server that is no longer active. Also, the telephone support line seems to be not working as well (very disappointed in that). I'm a valid licensee - just want to use my purchased software for simple web editing. Any specific instructions for a work around to get this older software working would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Try the info here on Legacy Activation: Error, "Unable to Activate" in Macromedia legacy products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You certainly aren't going to get this question related to a 14 year old version of Dreamweaver installation responded to in a forum associated with Installing, Updating, & Subscribing to Acrobat. Moving this to the Dreamweaver forum.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the info here on Legacy Activation: Error, "Unable to Activate" in Macromedia legacy products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just completed the process of setting up a new computer and dealing with activation for Fireworks CS3. The technique in the link Jon Fitz provide works perfectly. At least it did for CS3. Uninstall Dreamweaver first Then go through the process, step by step, on Adobe page Jon linked to. MX2004 should work fine on Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines