• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver - need web designer

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a web site designed in Dreamweaver - my web master is no longer available and I'm looking for someone that can take over and make the new changes, perhaps even design it better.  my web site is  Joy-Full.com    I am the owner of this web site - I would appreciate help with ideas of how to find the support for my web site that I need.

[Moderator Note: Please refrain from posting personal information in the open forums.]

thanks Georgie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Google is penalizing your site for the following reasons.

Problem #1: Your site is not mobile friendly.  It must be re-built responsively to work well on all devices. 

Mobile-Friendly Test - Google Search Console

Problem #2: Your site is not hosted over a secure server (HTTPS). 

To fix this, you could purchase SSL/TLS certificates from your web host.  Or get free ones from Let's Encrypt, Comodo and others.

Secure your site with HTTPS - Search Console Help

Ideally, whoever rebuilds your site shou

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sites built in DW aren't really "Dreamweaver Websites", they're just html, css and javascript files. There's nothing stopping any designer from using their tool of choice to continue working with a site that was originally created in DW, as long as their tool of choice can work with raw .html, .css and .javascript files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you, concerning HTML, CSS, JS, PHP... however I have a reservation in case the website created with DW is based on templates and/or library elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if the site is solely based on .dwt and .lbi usage, the only thing a new developer working on the site would lose is a little bit of in-program automation that can easily be replaced with much more flexible server side includes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all the conditionnal based on templates variables will be somehow lost, ... don't you think ?

well it is just an example among others....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google is penalizing your site for the following reasons.

Problem #1: Your site is not mobile friendly.  It must be re-built responsively to work well on all devices. 

Mobile-Friendly Test - Google Search Console

Problem #2: Your site is not hosted over a secure server (HTTPS). 

To fix this, you could purchase SSL/TLS certificates from your web host.  Or get free ones from Let's Encrypt, Comodo and others.

Secure your site with HTTPS - Search Console Help

Ideally, whoever rebuilds your site should create a content management system for you to edit and maintain your site online.  WordPress is a popular option for do-it-yourselfers.  Many web hosts provide an easy one-click WP installation from your server's C-Panel.

Blog Tool, Publishing Platform, and CMS — WordPress

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not a tech person .. my issue is that my web site person that created my site some years ago has skipped out --- not only is she not available - left me with no reference codes or whatever someone else would need to take over the site - all I got from her was that it was created in Dreamweaver.   I set up a temporary account with Adobe in hopes of finding someone who works with Dreamweaver on this forum.  Thanks all suggestions helpful 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines