• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver not responding after oct2017 update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Dreamweaver and it was working for 10 minutes or so before the application stopped responding all together. Now every time I open it, after a minute or so it stops responding. I uninstalled and reinstalled the application and that did not help. I'm not very good with computers, just taking a web design class for my degree. Any help would be appreciated! My laptop is a dell with windows 7 on it if that helps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Hi Karen,

This issue has been addressed in the latest update of Dreamweaver CC 2018.1. Kindly request you to update to the latest version and let us know if you are still seeing the issue.

Thanks,

dbc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this might sound a little "Is it plugged in..." but have you restarted the machine since installing?

If you have, try killing the new Start Screen under Edit > Preferences > General > uncheck Show Start Screen

I noticed it is more "internet dependent" than it was, maybe that is causing an issue (absolutely blind guess).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, I think resetting the preferences might have worked. It hasn't crashed yet and it's been a bit. So hopefully I'll have no more issues. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried again today and it is still not responding after about 5 minutes of working on something. This is getting really frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What were you doing before it froze?

Are you working with valid code?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on creating a web page using divs, there's nothing wrong with the code that I see. And so I uninstalled the most recent update, and its working ok now. There's something about the update I think that doesn't like this computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are sorry that you are running into this issue. We wanted to quickly check on the OS version where you are currently facing this issue and also is the site root on a network file share. Would the project/pages that are being edited have paths that expect to pick the protocol based on how the source file itself was accessed such as the following which does not specify explicitly http: or https for the src attribute ?

<script src="//platform.company.com/in.js" type="text/javascript"> lang: en_US</script>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Jon's suggestions don't help you, try Restoring Preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver-cs6-cc.html

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also experience Dreaweaver CC stops responding, on a NEW PC!  Intel quad 4 and excellent internet speed.  Sometimes it will load the page but not load the code.  Also sometimes when the code does load it is lined up vertical on the right side, so you can't read it. Live preview is hit and miss whether it works or not.  Very often can not open quick tags, labels for forms do not populate, css properties in properties manager are always greyed out.  Have tried all the suggestions.  Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did your Restore Preferences?

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Are you working with valid code?

CC-error-indicators.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I restored preferences, and re-set view, cleared cache, re-boot.  Valid code?  Hard to say when I can't see it. But it was all fine for

awhile yesterday.  Pic below,  cannot get code to load in any view.

cc-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen looks odd to me.  Maybe a bad installation.

Run the Adobe CC cleaner tool and reinstall DW.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know how it goes and if you need more assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be calling as soon as I get caught up with some work.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Karen,

This issue has been addressed in the latest update of Dreamweaver CC 2018.1. Kindly request you to update to the latest version and let us know if you are still seeing the issue.

Thanks,

dbc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines