Highlighted

Dreamweaver on new PC - can't put files

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had Dreamweaver installed on a new PC, and although I can see the files for my two websites, they won't "put".  The sites don't appear in Manage Sites - do I need to get them in here first? Total Dreamweaver novice - please help!!!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

If you don't have access to the old computer, you could create a new site definition & enter your server's FTP log-in credentials.  Site > New Site..,  Server's tab.

CC-RootFolder.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver on new PC - can't put files

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had Dreamweaver installed on a new PC, and although I can see the files for my two websites, they won't "put".  The sites don't appear in Manage Sites - do I need to get them in here first? Total Dreamweaver novice - please help!!!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

If you don't have access to the old computer, you could create a new site definition & enter your server's FTP log-in credentials.  Site > New Site..,  Server's tab.

CC-RootFolder.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 29, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you copied over the individual site files, but left the settings behind.

You will need to export your site definitions (basically your site settings) from the old machine to the new, it's pretty simple...

1. On the old machine, open DW and go to Site > Manage Sites
2. Click the site you want and choose Export. That will create a .ste file of the site settings (no actual site files come with it)

3. Copy that .ste to the new machine

4. From the new machine's DW, choose Site > Manage Sites > Import to bring in the .ste

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting.

Please read below link for export and import of sites in DW

How to import and export Dreamweaver site settings

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 1
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC-RootFolder.jpg

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies.  No I don't have access to the old PC, so will Nancy's suggestion solve the problem of not having the settings?? I'm accessing the files through a shared folder. Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2018 0
Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have your log-in details stored somewhere, contact your hoasting provider to get them.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2018 0