• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver preview page not printing

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client that needs an HTML page view that prints. I have a page created that fits the bill. When I click preview in browser (Safari) the page appears fine. However, when I try to print the it comes out completely blank. Any ideas on what is going on?

Dreamweaver CC V18.0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Are you using Live Preview, or Open in Browser?

Live Preview uses a frameset running on Adobe's server to show your page, the printing process might be getting hung up in that.

Right click the file in the Files window and choose "Open in Browser" that will open the local file without Adobe's server getting involved. Print from there and see if that doesn't solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Live Preview, or Open in Browser?

Live Preview uses a frameset running on Adobe's server to show your page, the printing process might be getting hung up in that.

Right click the file in the Files window and choose "Open in Browser" that will open the local file without Adobe's server getting involved. Print from there and see if that doesn't solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was it. Once I opened the HTML file directly in my browser it worked.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your print CSS file contain white text color?  Most browsers do not print backgrounds.  So white text on white paper will appear blank.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines