Highlighted

Dreamweaver project doesn't open properly

New Here ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I was working on a school project where i had to create a website using a template, I saved the project to the creative cloud folder to open it on a different computer, but when I opened it, the template was gone and the live preview of the website looked like a simple word document file. Is there a proper way to save the project so that I am able to edit on a different laptop?

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver project doesn't open properly

New Here ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I was working on a school project where i had to create a website using a template, I saved the project to the creative cloud folder to open it on a different computer, but when I opened it, the template was gone and the live preview of the website looked like a simple word document file. Is there a proper way to save the project so that I am able to edit on a different laptop?

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 13, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't already, go to Site > New Site and  define a local site folder such as C:\MyTestSite to which all your site files and assets are saved.

CC-localsite.jpg

Copy the site folder  to your Laptop computer.   I typically use a USB stick drive.  That way, I have my site folder backed up in multiple places.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2019 1
Paul-M LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you by any chance used the manage site > export site option ?

That would just export the site definition (settings) but wouldn't save any files/folders created from the project

You would need to physically copy the entire project folder to your creatibve cloud folder

Paul-M, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2019 0