Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Quiz

Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snag_1b3545.png

Q. Which icon would you choose to start a Dreamweaver v20.2 session?

A. If you clicked the green DW button, you started an earlier version of Dreamweaver. The correct DW icon is located between the MS-To-Do and the Camtasia-Recorder buttons.

How sad to see Dreamwaver diminishing in every respect.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Adobe is having another branding identity crisis. 

https://petapixel.com/2020/06/01/adobe-releases-new-photoshop-logo-as-part-of-evolving-band-identity/

Several people have complained in other boards about the homogeneous taskbar icons.  I haven't updated yet, so i'm still seeing the old ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more interesting question is -

"What does the color of the icon indicate"?

I'm not really a Dw user anymore, (unless you count CS6). But I would like to know in which category of programs Adobe places Dw in. As this would indicate not only the type of user but also how Adobe views the use of Dw now.

Lets also be honest Dw is going nowhere as a professional web development IDE, and has not been considered as such for many versions. We used to hear many people say that Dw should be more like other code editors, (sublime comes to mind as a prime candidate) but if a serious developer wanted an editor with the features of sublime, then they would buy sublime.

Even incorporating the Brackets code editor into Dw, has proven a disaster, as Brackets development almost stopped when they did so. Leaving both Dw and Brackets code editing in a 'no more development' state.

Maybe it is time for Adobe, (and everyone else) to simply say RIP Dw, and let it die. Instead of complaining about what is missing, and what it cannot, (and will probably never) be able to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Brackets development almost stopped when they did so'

Yeah, whats happened to Brackets development, seems to have caught the same terminal bug as DW, stagnation over the last few years. It was a rather interesting editor, interface needed a lot more polish but it was a good start, since when nothing........humm.

I think its happening to more and more web-editors as the re-write to keep them current can take many months, if not years. I sometimes use Komodo Edit - a really good free editor with a big paid for brother, which has also now been made 'free to air' so I assume that means any future serious development is dead once that happens. I guess for the financial return it might not be worth investing any more time into these products and certainly one is not going to pay for a product which doesnt even support grid..........hummm frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why, is the new purple icon not prominent enough amongst the other icons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier_0-1592743135331.png

Actions speak louder than words

BenPleysier_1-1592743433599.png

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is only because VC code is a free editor, the figures are obviously hugley distorted in favour of anything which is free. Although VC code is a excellent web-editor (probably the best currently) its popularity would drop off a cliff if it was a paid for product. Should really compare DW to other paid for editors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not certain what the stats are for VS Pro anymore, but the last time I looked, (about 2 years ago) it was over 3 million users, who used it for web development. So even VS Code becomes insignificant when compared to the paid for version, (and it costs as much as a CC subscription per-year now).

Which goes to prove what I have always said, "people will pay for a tool, when that tool is worth the cost".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm guessing all the free editors, Sublime, Atom, VC Code etc have a lot more that 3 million users each, so a lot of developers still don't/wont pay!

I'm still searching for the perfect fit for me!!.........hummm. I think I have 2 paid for editors, the rest are free - all are inadequate in some shape or form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ben,

fortunately I still have left my old DW versions on my PC. So I can use the olders too. You know, there are my problems with the presentation of the "includes". BUT DW is shown only in the same green icon, whichever version I call.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe is having another branding identity crisis. 

https://petapixel.com/2020/06/01/adobe-releases-new-photoshop-logo-as-part-of-evolving-band-identity...

Several people have complained in other boards about the homogeneous taskbar icons.  I haven't updated yet, so i'm still seeing the old ones.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines