• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver "New Features" popups ANNOYING; should be OPTIONAL

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it ridiculous that I have to click every single one of these to make them stop.  For on-the-job web developers, it's absurd that I cannot turn these off by choice. Get with it, Adobe. If I want to learn new features, I'll find out about them, but interrupting peoples' workflow to constantly dismiss these annoying popups while working... unacceptable and condescending.  Please fix this ASAP.

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]

[Moved from the Comments forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the solution in this link? How do you turn off the new feature popups?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Preran, but that link is applies to Photoshop. I have found no corresponding control for Dreamweaver.  There is "Enable Description Tooltips", but those are the less intrusive white hover box you get when you hover over a given tool's icon, and it simply says what it is. Those aren't so bad, and there IS an option to turn off and on, as it should be.

I'm talking about those huge, random, animated white boxes that come up and block the workspace in DreamWeaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got you. Let me check with the team and get back to you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team tells me that there isn't an easy way to do this in DW. They are trying to see if there is a workaround solution you could use. Will keep you updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go to Edit > Preferences > New Feature Guides there is a "Reset" button that turns all of them back on if they've already been run once.

Would the team be willing to share what file that reset button modifies, and what change it makes?

My guess would be it's a bunch of "true" settings that get turned back to "false" allowing the pop ups to pop up again.

It might actually be fairly easy to disable them all manually before they start popping up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jon. I will share your observations with the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No fix for this? Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines