Highlighted

Dreamweaver ReOpen on crash (FIX for Group Files within a site)

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Dreamweaver from the first versions...
I tend to Open Multiple Tabs per site. (all the day to day editable files)

202002289eRjmH5Dxe.jpg

If the computer or software NOT RESPONDING crashes.
Reopen Documents failes to reopen them all.
Where is the location of the prefs file that contains all file info to Re-Open on Startup?
I'll simply back a copy up in case.

Maybe Adobe just needs to create a feature to (Group) a projects that can be saved that would contain local file locations with a Preset Name. * And please allow tabs to be managed by some sort order LEFT to RIGHT. moving them in sequence on the tab bar is challenging.

Feedback Please execute or inform.

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver ReOpen on crash (FIX for Group Files within a site)

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Dreamweaver from the first versions...
I tend to Open Multiple Tabs per site. (all the day to day editable files)

202002289eRjmH5Dxe.jpg

If the computer or software NOT RESPONDING crashes.
Reopen Documents failes to reopen them all.
Where is the location of the prefs file that contains all file info to Re-Open on Startup?
I'll simply back a copy up in case.

Maybe Adobe just needs to create a feature to (Group) a projects that can be saved that would contain local file locations with a Preset Name. * And please allow tabs to be managed by some sort order LEFT to RIGHT. moving them in sequence on the tab bar is challenging.

Feedback Please execute or inform.

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum, not a direct pipeline to Adobe engineers.  Please submit feature requests directly to the official uservoice  by selecting Bug/Feature Requests from your DW Help menu.  See screenshot.

CC-submitBug.jpg

That said, I never have more than a couple of documents open at a time -- the rest are in my files panel.  I reflexively save often with Ctrl/Cmd + S while editing.  In the event of an unexpected shutdown, the last file edited is restored and all other files are recovered at their last save point.  With this workflow, the risk of losing work is very low. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.
I will file a feature idea or bug.

When a website has Multiple Files that require editing daily.  It's very hard to remember and recall all the file locations of each file in the files panel I must have 30+ open daily.  That are required to run an ecommerce biz.

Thank you Nancy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For e-commerce, you should be working with a content management system and database driven web pages, not static HTML files.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree 100%.  But I am just 1 man wearing too many hats.
I did see some others in the ideas section with similar requests for working with multiple files and switching from site a and site b.  It does become an issue.  I posted in the ideas section... and thank you for your time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2020 0