• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver still not opening on Mac

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded Dreamweaver 2020 as part of Creative Cloud. On a MacBook running 10.15.3. Using ClamX virus scanning. Any insight into why it won't load. As per previous comments, the icon bounces, then stops bouncing. 

Then I get this:

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 11.14.53 AM.png

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

I actually downgraded to an earlier version of Dreamweaver via Creative Cloud, deleted the newest version. Then, when I launched the slightly outdated version, I updated it. That worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW 2020 is indeed compatible with Catalina with these known issues.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/known-issues-macos-Catalina.html

• Did you restart your computer after installing DW?
  • Does your computer user profile have administrative level permissions?
  • Do you need to create an exception for DW in your anti-virus app?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually downgraded to an earlier version of Dreamweaver via Creative Cloud, deleted the newest version. Then, when I launched the slightly outdated version, I updated it. That worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well. I've deleted all older versions, including preference files. I'm on Mac OS 10.13.6, there is no anti-virus running. I cannot install anything except the one version offered in Creative Cloud, version 20.1. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, tired re-starts and shut-downs, nothing is working. HELP! I need this app to work! (We're paying for the complete suite, hence, we should have access to the complete suite...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I cannot install anything except the one version offered in Creative Cloud, version 20.1"

Dreamweaver 20.1 is the current release version.  Which version are you looking for?

Owing to a policy change last year, Adobe no longer offers pre-2019 versions from the CC Desktop App.  If you didn't keep older versions on your system, they are no longer accessible.  

Enterprise/Teams plan holders can request older versions from their IT dept admins, providing it doesn't violate internal policies.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/05/13/adobe-warning-of-legal-problems-if-users-keep-using-old-v...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines