• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver website to display almost live weather data.

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks

Over many years I have run a weather station and have never been really happy with the display software .

My question, is Dreamweaver capable of displaying near realtime weather data which would vary  (refresh) on a regular basis ?

I am looking to display on a website paramaters such as wind speed , direction , temperature , humidity , barometric pressure , precipitation etc .

I would be looking to display these data in the form of gauges and graphs etc.

Several years ago I was using Dreamweaver to create a website so I have some knowledge on creating a site.

Any advice would be much appreciated , Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you would need to code it yourself which will be a mammoth task. Usually you would find an established weather api and bring back the data from that into your website.

Its possible to create your own if you have your own data by keeping all the information in a database then bringing that back to the website in the form of json formated data. Once you have the data in json format there are endless possibilities you can do with it. You can set a timer to regularly make a call to the database and update the information in 'real time' if you are changing the data every few minutes but I probably think the weather data will be good for  a few hours so not sure why it needs to be updated in 'real time' - you can just make a call to the database on page load when a visitor comes onto the website.

Building something like the above is only going to be possible if you have good coding knowledge, getting data from an established weather API is going to be much simpler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a good start 

https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/gauge

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has almost nothing to do with Dreamweaver and everything to do with your skills as a coder or the system you connect your weather station to.   Look at https://openweathermap.org/stations-old

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines