Highlighted

Dreamweaver widget browser

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to find, login & work with "Widget Browser" in Dreamweaver CC, it was a great tool to insert widgets like lighbox gallery etc... i very sadly express shame on Adobe removing this. Now i have to learn JAVA and coding to design website gallaries.  And many thins are now purchasable in Add-on, for this also Shame on you  ADOBE.

Can any one find replacement for such widget browser to be used in Dreamweaver CC, i will be very thankful.

Shame Adobe, Shame Shame Shame Shame

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

The Widget Browser was disabled a long time ago for the Legacy versions of the program that had it.

Adobe even went so far as to discontinue the Extension Manager, now we have to use third party EMs from extension developers like Project VII or DMXZone.

To get add-ons for DW, you're supposed to use the Adobe Add-Ons page:

https://exchange.adobe.com/addons

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver widget browser

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to find, login & work with "Widget Browser" in Dreamweaver CC, it was a great tool to insert widgets like lighbox gallery etc... i very sadly express shame on Adobe removing this. Now i have to learn JAVA and coding to design website gallaries.  And many thins are now purchasable in Add-on, for this also Shame on you  ADOBE.

Can any one find replacement for such widget browser to be used in Dreamweaver CC, i will be very thankful.

Shame Adobe, Shame Shame Shame Shame

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

The Widget Browser was disabled a long time ago for the Legacy versions of the program that had it.

Adobe even went so far as to discontinue the Extension Manager, now we have to use third party EMs from extension developers like Project VII or DMXZone.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 15, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Widget Browser was taken offline years ago.  The widgets were outdated and the 3rd party developers had no interest in updating them.  

kareemh3204527  wrote

Now i have to learn JAVA and coding to design website gallaries. 

Not JAVA.  JavaScript.  2 very different things.

Wow jQuery Slider -- no coding skills required.

WOW : jQuery Slider w/o Coding : jQuery Slideshow

Fancybox 3 - jQuery Lightbox viewer

fancyBox - Touch enabled, responsive and fully customizable jQuery lightbox script

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2018 1