Highlighted

Dreamweaver won't launch

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to get into Dreamweaver and got the message below.  It s a licensed copy which I bought years ago. I logged into my Adobe account and went into chat.  The agent said he can't find my account.  It certainly should be there under my adobe ID which is the email I logged in with.  He finally suggested I post my problem here.  I just need it to support one website, but wasn't able to get any help there.  Any ideas or am I completely screwed? 

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver won't launch

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to get into Dreamweaver and got the message below.  It s a licensed copy which I bought years ago. I logged into my Adobe account and went into chat.  The agent said he can't find my account.  It certainly should be there under my adobe ID which is the email I logged in with.  He finally suggested I post my problem here.  I just need it to support one website, but wasn't able to get any help there.  Any ideas or am I completely screwed? 

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 25, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Adobe's Customer Care seems to be relatively untrained these days. They're just coming off of a major change to how products are licensed/downloaded and I think the service reps get confused fairly easily (the rest of the world does)...

Which OS are you using?

What version of the program is it?

Do you have physical disks/packaging with activation info?

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling yet?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Creative Suite do you have?  And which operating system?  That information is vitally important  to know because some activation servers were taken offline and no longer exist.   In those cases, you must obtain a new installer and serial number that doesn't require activation.  In other versions, it's a simple matter of uninstalling and re-installing with your disks or downloads.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2019 1