• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver2020 has wasted most of my work day with freezes.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, the Dreamweaver2020 program can't even run the simplest HTML file I am trying to compose. It has frozen over and over all day. I try to enter simple text into the small HTML file or the smaller CSS file and suddenly get the dreaded spinning beach ball. Does anyone know what to do with this (aside from walking away in disgust)? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that you will find that a factor outside of Dreamweaver is causing the problem. This could be anything from zealous antivirus programs blocking the firewall to meaningless utilities installed on your system.

You have not stated which operating system that you are on, so I will assume the worst. Have a look at https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/known-issues-macos-Catalina.html

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use DW daily on an aging workstation with Win10 Home & latest updates with absolutely no latency problems.  Therefore, something is different on your end.   

1. Turn off-all non-essential background processes.
  2. Or boot up in Safe Mode.
  3. Move the local site folder to the primary hard drive.  Cloud and networked drives can cause problems with reading & writning to files.
  4. Turn off Energy saving sleep mode.
  5. Turn off speech & dictation features.
  6. Validate code and fix reported errors.
  7. Restore Prefernces.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines