• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DreamweaverMX2004

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My dreamweaverMX2004 will not open. It shows a panel, suggesting to open by phone,  While showing the correct DWD product number. Then click on next and I get a phone number in the US (+1 418 832 7060). The number is supposed to provide a number to be entered, but the provided number turns out not to be registered. Is there someone in ?? who can assist me so I can use the dreamweaver product which I have been using for may years? Please email me on [personal info removed by Mod] Your assistance will be appreciated. Kind regards, Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thank you for the prompt response.

While what you state is happening, there are some subtle differences:

When opening Dreamweaver this is my start screen to which I answer yes:

app use.jpg

Followed by

Macromedia 2.jpg

Followed by:Macromedia 1.jpg

My location is Australia, then I click on continue and get:

Macromedia.jpg

When I go to the internet link the following comes up – this now also comes up after the first screen shot with the Green mast head.

trial period.jpg

Another screen is serial number.jpg

Click on Continue and it tells me: Activating, please wait,

Activating.jpg

but nothing seems to happen and the screen jumps back to:

Unable to connect.jpg

Then I try the phone but the number seems to be invalid. If I sound confused then that is correct.

If you can assist that will be much appreciated. It is late evening now in Australia, so I don’t expect to be able to come back to you till tomorrow.

Best regards,.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images cannot be seen. Apparently you cannot upload images using your smart phone.

As a side-note, both John and I are from Oz. I am in celebration mode, good old Collingwood are back in the eight.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Preran and John,

If you could provide me with a working email address, I can use to forward the email to I send last night, that would be helpful.

Your willingness to assist is appreciated.

Best regards,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Macromedia MX 2004 is very old software.  The activation servers for it were taken offline many years ago.  In Johns' link, you will see a new serial number that does not require activation.  That's the only solution we know of.  And there's no guarantee this product will work correctly with modern operating systems.  It's no longer sold, supported or updated.  That's the risk we take with legacy software.  Eventually it just stops working.

I can suggest some modern HTML editors you could use to replace MX 2004.  And these will work on modern operating systems.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines