• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop Down Menu & Hyperlinks stopped working in Chrome

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a website with Dreamweaver and it worked well for a while. Then after Google Chrome updates, the drop down menu (navbar) and hyperlinks stopped working on both Tablet PC & Android. My website is www.africantrailblazers.com. It still works on Microsoft Edge 38.14393.1066.0 (Tablet PC) and Puffin (Android). Is there a fix? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Each new update brings the browsers closer to modern standards.  Critical code errors that might have been tolerated in the past won't be in the future.  Always check your code & fix reported errors.  

CC-BugReport.jpg

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to re-produce 1 of the 2 errors you were experiencing.  The menu was working for me in the latest version of chrome, so I am able to click and see the sub menu with the links.  The hyperlinks within the menu are not working though as you describe. In running your page through the validator I noticed a lot of errors being returned with duplicate ID tags, missing tags, etc.  I would recommend going through that since it's only Chrome giving this issue.

The W3C Markup Validation Service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each new update brings the browsers closer to modern standards.  Critical code errors that might have been tolerated in the past won't be in the future.  Always check your code & fix reported errors.  

CC-BugReport.jpg

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Ben & Nancy,

Thank you so much for your help. Now I know to clean up my act! It'll be a long process since I'm not a web programmer / designer, just a self-taught Dreamweaver user. However, I sent the problem everywhere and the guys at Chromium told me to update the smoothscroll.js file and sent me to github: 

https://github.com/flesler/jquery.localScroll/issues/38.

I did as instructed and it now works fine. I still have no idea why, but I thought I’d drop by to let you guys know, and considering that you guys are the experts, maybe you can figure it out based on what the Chromium guys said and help someone else with the same problem: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=771054

I also wanted to drop by to say THANKS, because people like you try to make the world a better place, and a little more hopeful for people like me – we sure could use a whole lot more like you guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines