Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dual Screen Setup

Participant ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I saw that this is asked a lot but I couldn’t find the right answer to this. I want to work with Dreamweaver CC for the live preview.

BUT it’s so damn small on one screen, so my wish is to split the preview window from my code window and put it on my second screen.

Is this somehow possible? For example: Code on one screen, live preview on the other one.

I really need this. If there is already a working solution, please link me to the thread. I couldn’t find it.

Thanks,

Jona

I'm using Mac OS (High Sierra) and latest Dreamweaver CC Version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Not sure if this will help, but it will give you an idea of what my setup is. Dreamweaver program on screen #1 and Live Preview on screen #2.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the split document window is a non undockable stuff, I mean you can't split code and rendering on two dissociate windows...

so what you can do if you really want to have live view in one side (screen) and code view in a second side (other monitor)... totaly separated... you will have to use the code inspector (F10) window.

that should work as you wish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will help, but it will give you an idea of what my setup is. Dreamweaver program on screen #1 and Live Preview on screen #2.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're probably right, Ben, I thought that the OP was meaning the Live Editable View... not the Live Preview in browser...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a tutorial on live view and Design view Adobe Dreamweaver CC Live Vs. Design View - YouTube

This should help you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry nickg28, I missed your point ?... what is the deal ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is pretty simple to do actually.

Go to Window > Code Inspector or hit F10. That will open the Code Inspector floating panel. You can then grab the named tab of the panel and drag it to whichever screen you like and resize it to your liking. You then switch the actual Document Window to Live, deselecting Split from the Document Toolbar....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just read #1...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines