• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW 18.1 shows transparent gif background as black on Windows

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inserting a GIF image with transparent background, DW renders its background as black.

It shows correctly when previewing in Chrome and IE. And on macOS, DW 18.1 renders it correctly as well.

Please refer to the attachments for the screen-shot.

Is this a bug of DW on Windows?

issue.png

Thanks,

Aidy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We have logged an internal bug on this issue.

Will keep you posted with update on this issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could see it as a bug. In fact, Design view is not based on a modern rendering engine and should never be regarded as a true reflection of the document.

If you have a look at the design in Live view, which is based on a (superseded) rending engine, you will probably find that all is OK.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, BenPleysier.

I have already reported it as a bug in Windows DW 18.1 shows transparency gif background as black – Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas. This is a regression bug.

This issue doesn't only happen on canvas, but also on UI. Our extension is using some gif on panel as well. Hope Adobe DW team could fix it in next update, soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be something wrong with the image file. I normally use CS6, but your assertion piqued my interest. Adobe has neither improved nor degraded design view for many, many years. It still sucks, but it does seem to display transparent GIFs just fine... at least when I create them. If you notice in the screen capture, the large image on the page is transparent, allowing the page background to show through. You will also notice my Insert Bar. The icons are ours and each is transparent.

Am I not understanding your issue?

Screen Capture form DW 18:

screen.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ALsp,

I set the background color, the image background still be black. Actually we found the issue because that is an icon we used in our extension on panel. We have been using for many years in DW.

example_with_bg.png

Yes, it is possible the issue is cause by the image file itself. I am not quite sure about it as well. You may have a try with it (small icon attached below), because I'm not sure whether we are using the same version of DW. I met the issue in version 18.1 and 18.2, on Windows only, haven't try 18.0 yet.

example.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version of 18 from the cloud. While I would never use Dreamweaver 18 (or any of the CC versions) for production, I do have it installed for testing.

We've been making Dreamweaver extensions for 20 years. The icons on the Insert Bar (you can turn the CC insert panel into a bar like previous versions, in case you were wondering) are for our extensions. They are Alpha Transparent GIFs and they work and display just fine. No black backgrounds.

We use Fireworks to creative and optimize our extension icons. I've included one here:

PVII Insert or Modify Image.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your sharing, ALsp.

It is really strange I still got black background. I will try it on another machine, in case it was caused by my environment issue.

new screenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both 2017.5 and 2018.0 in another machine, still got black background in 2018. But it is correct in 2017.5.

By the way, I'm running DW in VMware VM, Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise.

2017.5 :

2017.5.png

2018.0 :

2018.0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try with a png 32... to see if it is a problem for dealing with the format, or also dealing with transparency ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PNG with transparent background doesn't have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as you're not Aidy_Sun,

can you please confirm that you also have trouble with a black surrounding color when using GIF and not with PNG ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we also used transparent PNG icons, and they are rendered correctly,, both on canvas and UI.

PNG icon with transparent bg.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what happens if you correctly define the width and height attributes directly in the IMG tag... in the past I had a problem like this in PHP and defining the attributes allowed to correct this artifact

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

width and height are set automatically and correctly. It can be referred in previous screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

youps I've missed it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We have logged an internal bug on this issue.

Will keep you posted with update on this issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tracking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines