Highlighted

DW 18.2 MAC Keychain Password issues NOT RESOLVED

Contributor ,
Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is become a huge problem for me as I cannot access client's sites using DW 18.2 also tried with an old DW 6 and still cannot. It seems that DW does not save the passwords. I cannot keep doing this, can someone give me an update on this situation PLEASE?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

DW 18.2 MAC Keychain Password issues NOT RESOLVED

Contributor ,
Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is become a huge problem for me as I cannot access client's sites using DW 18.2 also tried with an old DW 6 and still cannot. It seems that DW does not save the passwords. I cannot keep doing this, can someone give me an update on this situation PLEASE?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 08, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if you're asking about Mac passwords or the FTP log-in credentials for your remote server.

• If it's the latter, are you certain you have the correct log-in details? 
  • Did you try creating a new site definition and deleting the old one?
  • Can you connect to remote server with a dedicated FTP client like Filezilla?
Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue is fixed in 18.2 for Dreamweaver update from versions other than 18.0 to latest  Dreamweaver version 18.2.

However, the issue still exist if we update Dreamweaver 18.0 to Dreamweaver 18.2.

Please refer to known issues document: Known issues in the 18.0 and 18.1 releases of Dreamweaver CC

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2018 0
Contributor ,
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This situation is still NOT resolved. This is what I did so far:

REMOVED /the site from the Manage Sites area

Re did the site in the area re did the cache and I get an error "AN FTP error occured"

If I go to Manage sites and click servers the information is blank , If I re enter the information ONLY then am I able to connect.

if I remain in DW and click in and out of manage sites the info is STILL THERE

but if I close out DW and open the site and go to manage sites the user and password is blank

????????

I'm in 18.2 Mac

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run the CC Cleaner tool  to remove all  DW versions off your system followed by a reinstall of DW 18.2.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2018 1