• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW 19.0.1 still very slow opening files in code view - any suggestions?

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, ist there any way to make files loading faster? I have the feeling that it takes longer with each update until the files are loaded completely.

I've deleted the cache file for rebuild. I have no virscan tool. No addon. My system Win 10 x64, Intel i9, 64GB RAM, RTX 2080, NVMe SSD - i really dont think that's not enough but every time I have to wait a few minutes until everything is ready. I sometimes open up to 20 files. but hey - we are talking about text files with only a few kilobytes.

Thank you for any suggestions.
Jens Matzner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Go back to the old version. The Creative Cloud subscription service allows you to have all major releases installed on the same machines at the same time. The only limitation is they won't run concurrently.

Hopefully, someone will be able to figure out what's causing the problem in the latest version, but in the meantime, you'll be able to get work done.

1. Open the CC Desktop App
2. Click the Apps tab
3. Click the small arrow next to DW's Open/Install/Update icon
4. Click Manage
5. Click Older Versio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be so many things... To elimiate a few things

Are you using GIT?

Do you have a local testing server set up?

Are you working inside a Dropbox, Onedrive, Google Drive or other cloud backup folder?

In Dreamweaver sync preferences turn off automatic sync and see if that helps any.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. No Git, no Cloud. Auto Sync is deactivated. But i saw an unchecked option for cache. I will try. Mayby this is the reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes cache, can affect performance....

Also, you could try :

in preferences > general > uncheck 'Enable Related Files'

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, yesterday i checked the cache option to 'on'. Now Dreamweaver is not only slow - it wont start anymore and crash while 'Site-Cache is loading ...'

I can not work now. WTH. How can i disable the caching if i cant start the whole app. It is a desaster!

-

edit: Ok after ten minutes waiting the app started - and i unchecked the cache option.

Finally the new version 19.0.1 hangs more often then the version before. On save, on edit - if i place the cursor on the text, every third time it will hang for some seconds (titlebar: no reaction). It is horrible 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to the old version. The Creative Cloud subscription service allows you to have all major releases installed on the same machines at the same time. The only limitation is they won't run concurrently.

Hopefully, someone will be able to figure out what's causing the problem in the latest version, but in the meantime, you'll be able to get work done.

1. Open the CC Desktop App
2. Click the Apps tab
3. Click the small arrow next to DW's Open/Install/Update icon
4. Click Manage
5. Click Older Versions
6. Click a version that worked for you previously (I still use CC 2015 with 2019 installed for example)

Use that version for production while troubleshooting continues in the latest. If you do eventually find what's causing the problem for you, and it allows you to work in the newer version, go for it. Otherwise, keep testing new versions while working in the older, functional one. Eventually a new version may work, possibly better, than the older.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, yesterday i checked the cache option to 'on'. Now Dreamweaver is not only slow - it wont start anymore and crash while 'Site-Cache is loading ...'

You need the site cache option disabled if you're trying to improve perfomance, I think we probably got crossed wires there...

Performance issues can be so many things, could be an issue, conflict unique to your system.

As Jon says, until you discover the issue you could roll back to a previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still need help, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message along with the URL of this post. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your help. I will rollback and install an old version too. I simply dont have enough time to get all this through. I will use linting, related files - these are the last things because i use DW from homesite till now. But over time, one useful part is removed after another, although it feels slower afterwards or is buggy as hell.

I like the new search and hilite engine very much but i miss really the old wrappable shortcuts. I use only Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and DW. Maybe I should think about reducing the subscription and investing in a more mature tool. But for that, I need time to find something new and to learn something new. A vicious circle.

thank you guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's some more things to try, sorry about the caps, I copy and pasted these notes we had saved. You could also check the Windows Event Viewer to see if there's any indication in there of what the issue could be. Failing all of these I would reach out to Adobe support.

1) TURN OFF WINDOWS INDEXING COMPLETELY OR AT LEAST DISABLE INDEXING OF ANY DREAMWEAVER FOLDERS (HINT:WINDOWS INDEXES THE 'USERS' FOLDER BY DEFAULT) **WINDOWS INDEXING CAN CAUSE A LOT OF PERFOMANCE ISSUES WITH DREAMWEAVER**

2) ADD THESE EXCEPTIONS IN ANTI-VIRUS**

- C:\Path\To\Working\Directory*

- C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2019*

- C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2019*

** IF YOU HAVE A THIRD PARTY FIREWALL INSTALLED YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO REPEAT THE ABOVE EXCEPTIONS**

3) IN DREAMWEAVER SITE DEFINITIONS:

- SERVERS > ADVANCED > MAINTAIN SYNCHRONISATION INFORMATION (DISABLE)

- ADVANCED SETTINGS > LOCAL INFO > ENABLE CACHE (DISABLE)

- CSS PREPROCESSORS > GENERAL > ENABLE AUTOOMPILATION (DISABLE)

4) DREAMWEAVER PREFERENCES (IF THESE ARE NOT ESSENTIAL TO YOUR WORRKFLOW)

- GENERAL > ENABLE RELATED FILES (DISABLE)

- IN-APP UPDATES (TURN OFF)

- INVISIBLE ELEMENTS (DISABLE ALL)

- LINTING (DISABLE)

- REAL-TIME PREVIEW (DEFAULT TO STATIC BROWSER PREVIEW)

5) TRY TO DISABLE AS MANY TASKS/APPS RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND IN WIDOWS, SEE IF YOU CAN PINPOINT ONE THAT IS CONFLICTING WITH DREAMWEAVER

6) TRY USING THE ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD CLEANER TOOL, REMOVE CREATIVE CLOUD, CCX PROCESS, CC LIBRARY AND CORESYNC IF THEY'RE NOT ESSENTIAL TO YOU - THAT WILL REDUCE EXTRA PROCESSES RUNNING ...

It can be trial and error if its more of a perfomance issue than actually crashing .....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines