• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW 19.1 - How do I configure Subversion Version Control?

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to Dreamweaver 19.1 and the "Version Control" Section under site setup is gone. 

Site > Manage Sites > Edit brings up the Site Setup menu, and "Version Control" used to be the 3rd option from the top.

Site

Servers

Version Control

The entire Version Control section is now missing.  How do I setup subversion version control now?  Where is it?  All searches just lead me to out-of-date articles.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old version control was removed and replaced with GIT.

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001974.htm

Dreamweaver: Working with Git Version Control

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up Nancy, but I am not using Git, and do not have the git client installed on my machine. 

I am trying to set this up with a beanstalkapp.com repo.  I will contact their support team to see what can be done.  Thanks again for the heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Response from beanstalkapp.com:

".. if Adobe has updated the application to only support Git, it's not going to work with the one repo in your Beanstalk account. You'll have to go with one of two choices in that case:

• Keep using the older version of Dreamweaver that supports SVN
  • Use a different application that supports Subversion (i.e. Cornerstone)
  • Or switch to using Git"

Well, I guess I'm screwed.  Is there really no way to do subversion version control without GIT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW CC 2018 and 2019 only support the use of GIT version control.

GIT was introduced in CC 2017 version.   So you need to get a download for 2015 or 2014 versions that still supported the old subversion control.  

Owing to Adobe's  new policy of No more legacy CC apps , that may prove more difficult than it once did.  See link for more details.

Failing that, you'll have to contact customer care and explain to them why you need older versions and hopefully they can provide you with a direct download.

Contact Customer Care

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on Windows and you still want to use subversion/don't want to make the switch to GIT you could try this extrension, I don't know if it will work with latest versions of Dreamweaver but you could give it a try :

GitHub - ChrisMcKee/svnweaver: SVNWeaver integrates Adobe Dreamweaver CS+ with TortoiseSVN

It works in conjuction with TortoiseSVN

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BestKindBoxer,

Let us know if you do try ithe extensions and if it works for you, it might be helpful to others in the future searching the forums for the same solution

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines