Highlighted

DW 20.2 15263 Build Crashing while adding an Image from file

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my Website file location on a USB 3.0 128GB Thumb Drive, could this be why Dreamweaver is crashing when trying to add an image to the webpage? 

image.png

Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.1016  i7-8700 16GB Ram C drive on m.2 1TB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

DW 20.2 15263 Build Crashing while adding an Image from file

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my Website file location on a USB 3.0 128GB Thumb Drive, could this be why Dreamweaver is crashing when trying to add an image to the webpage? 

image.png

Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.1016  i7-8700 16GB Ram C drive on m.2 1TB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  For best results, move your local site folder onto your primary hard drive, not a cloud drive.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply!

I  started from scratch on the C drive and the same problem. Dreamweaver crashes when I try to add the background image. I am fowling a LinkedIn learning tutorial for Dreamweaver.  Need to understand what the problem is here so I may move forward. going to Skip using images for now, until I can get this sorted out.   😞

The Image file I was trying to use is 

Grampz_0-1598255862562.png

Grampz_0-1598254117908.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
Grampz LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: if I directly code the images into the CSS 

background-image: url(../images/bkgd.jpg);

it worked fine. I am assuming there is a cache corruption or some other internal error with Dreamweaver that is happening.  My DW version is up to date. Are there other dependencies that I need to check fo updates?  Is there a cache that needs to be cleared?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0