Highlighted

Dw 2018, well not quite, its the october update to 2017

LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has anyone else noticed the announcements bar, it is for the October update to Dw 2017, so no big announcements -

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8781

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dw 2018, well not quite, its the october update to 2017

LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has anyone else noticed the announcements bar, it is for the October update to Dw 2017, so no big announcements -

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8781

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 18, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran​ the links in the announcement are pointing to the wrong location (chl-author-preview-corp.adobe.com).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad completely. Will rectify that soon and let you know.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated the links in the announcement October 2017 release to Dreamweaver CC is here

Apologize for the confusion.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0
Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  ha scritto

so no big announcements

We have the new welcome screen (for mac users)... I didn't think it took a year of development to do this but maybe it contains advanced tools

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Michele  wrote

We have the new welcome screen (for mac users)... I didn't think it took a year of development to do this but maybe it contains advanced tools

Don't get your hopes up

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0
Enthusiast ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, honestly what have you really expected?

Nothing has changed in DW for the past few years.

I remember talking to the DW dev team back in 2015, on Adobe MAX and back then they said "We are currently working on making DW hi-dpi screens compatible"

And now that is what is new in DW (after at least 2 years of hard working!) and the so much needed new Welcome screen.

Congrats!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 2
Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately Wappler is coming...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being honest Teodor, I was not expecting anything.

If that is all there is, then as i have previously said, "I cannot recommend Dw to anyone".

Then again, if Wappler does not include a stand alone css autoprefixer, and insisted i use a pre/post-processor in my workflow, (as Dw does) i would not recommend that to anyone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 1
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

Then again, if Wappler does not include a stand alone css autoprefixer, and insisted i use a pre/post-processor in my workflow, (as Dw does) i would not recommend that to anyone.

I'll be dead before that is introduced in any editor in a simple format Coda came close to doing it, way back when. Everything at the moment seems to have gone backwards or obsessed with workflows which should come after basic requirements..........hummmm.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 1
Enthusiast ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are actually going more for an integrated build process.

Wappler will be offering auto build process during publishing to the selected target (yes it supports multiple targets) so you can have your whole site minified and if you wish auto-prefixed before it is uploaded to the live site.

So we will deploy only the minified version

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 1
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good to me Teodor.

I would still like finer control over the process, but anything that does not require me to use a pre/post-processor for such a simple task, has got to be an improvement.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While there are no user facing features on the mac, most of the improvements on mac in this release are around stability, security, code hinting fixes, IME fixes and also fixes for supporting APFS file system. Many of the user facing features on Mac are still work in progress and will make it into the subsequent releases of Dw.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mkumarbn  wrote

While there are no user facing features on the mac, most of the improvements on mac in this release are around stability, security, code hinting fixes, IME fixes and also fixes for supporting APFS file system. Many of the user facing features on Mac are still work in progress and will make it into the subsequent releases of Dw.

I use windows.

I don't wish to get into any discussions about what i know is wrong with Dw, though Preran​ can probably tell you much of what i think.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0
Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mkumarbn  ha scritto

Many of the user facing features on Mac are still work in progress and will make it into the subsequent releases of Dw.

Don't worry, I think most of us have definitely gone on to dreamweaver cs6 (or 2015).

For "user facing features on Mac", please stop the development, you have already done enough damage since version 2017 onwards.

I think the future for old (and faithful) DW's customers is Wappler from DMXzone. We need advanced tools to develop modern websites (included mobile apps), we are not interested in graphical variants as "welcome screen".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 1
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well after 4 hours of use there are one or two positives and a lot of negatives.

The positives are that I can actually use it, so the UI improvements both on a hi-dpi display and a normal hd, have proven positive, split screen, (2 monitor set-up) if you want it it does work, but not very well if like me you have both a 4k and an old hd display, (it appears to want all monitors of the same display resolution).

As for everything else, I cannot find anything positive to say, so I think that says it all, (Brackets offers more for the coder).

For the coder and the user wishing a more visual interface, my verdict would be that it is how 2017 should have been in alpha. It is without many features that one would expect for a program costing what Dw does, it has nothing new to offer and CS6 with some improvements to bring the code hinting etc up-to-date would have been better.

Sorry to disappoint anyone hoping for more, or something innovative, it simply does not exist.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0
Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the first time that I see a software launch of a major upgrade with the unique new feature a "welcome screen" (at least for Mac users).

I think it's a joke, cannot be true...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0
pziecina LATEST
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with it is that they have forgotton what Dw is used for, and what it should be able to do.

As i said it is now usable, with improvments in the ui usability and performance, but i found myself trying to find positives in actually using it and found none.

• It has now fallen behind in what i would consider essential to be able to say it can be used to create full html 5 documents.
  • It does include code hinting for css grid layouts, but whomever tested it has never created a css grid layout for use on multiple viewports, and anything that was not css 2.1, is still a token effort.
  • Code hinting for all the modern js api's is patchy, with some included, but most not.
  • Nothing for those requirering to create a modern rwd using Dw's css designer is included, (may as well ditch the feature) and why bother with 'extract' if it is to become a code environment.
  • Never ever try to use it with a remote repository, or with none local file references, (unless it is via git).
  • Debugging is none existent, so php, (and all those other server languages it says it supports) cannot be used beyond simple code.
  • You require at least another program, (for the main work) in order to develop browser based applications successfully, and forget about device specific apps.
  • If you do not use the workflow they, (or someone who has never worked in web development) thinks you should, then it is just another useless program taking up disk space.

It is obvious to me that it has been created for a specific group, but that group is not a web developer, not a designer who wishes to code, and certainly not someone creating anything beyond a basic web site.

I could excuse all the above if they had not spent so much wasted time adding pre/post-processor support, or adding more than git push/pull. those are obviously designed to give the impression of Dw being a forward looking product, but all they do in the end is prove they do not know what is required, so they added them thinking it looks modern.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0