I don't use the CC version of Dw, but in the release notes for Dw 2019 I notice that Dw now supports ecma6.
A common problem with other code editors that added ecma6 support was when using jQuery, with the jQuery file linked to an external server. Are you using jQuery?
Dreamweaver 19.0 is live. It can be downloaded from creative cloud Desktop application.
Please refer to release notes:
Thank you for the reply Kratika, but I do not use Dw CC.
The reason I mentioned it in relation to the OP's question, was that I have come across the problem before of no dom references, etc. and it is sometimes cause by the developer not having a local copy of the jQuery file, (if they are coding in jQuery).
The team is looking at a default setting you may have to modify to get things going. Stay tuned to this thread.
Is there actually even a Dreamweaver team anymore?
Thank you for downloading the latest version and providing you with your observations. Let me check with the team and get back to you.
This reminds me of how you decided to install Microsoft updates... in the last century.
Listen to Adobe if you wish. But forewarned is forearmed.
You may want to look at https://eslint.org/docs/user-guide/configuring#specifying-environments for defining other environments for the site if needed. If your site already has any of the eslint configuration files [https://eslint.org/docs/user-guide/configuring#configuration-file-formats ], add the above environment to the configuration file.
Adobe Dreamweaver Team
I am probably a stupid donkey, but I still don't know how to get read of the JS errors that have appeared with DW 2019 (and were totally absent from the former version).
As proposed in the answer, I have checked the JSLint and it seems in accordance with your recommendation (see first screenshot).
Nevertheless, I have a tremendous set of stupid errors, with unrecognized keywords (see second screenshot).
So, I really need simple and efficient help!
Unfortunately, the zip-folder available at "Workaround 2" is empty.
Edit: Not the zip-folder itself is empty, but it contains an empty folder.
I tried two different Macs. See the unzipped folder here: