• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW 2021 won't sync settings or import from previous version

Advocate ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an ongoing problem with every DW update. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling; uninstalling/removing all references to Dreamweaver 2021 in AppData/restarting/reinstalling. Doing all this while making sure files palette is left open (historical post on this issue). It is just an ongoing frustrating bug. 

dv8kiwi_0-1603321538738.png

What is the workaround? Is it OK to just copy and paste the settings from the previous version in AppData>Adobe>Dreamweaver 2020 and App settings>Adobe>Dreamweaver>20.0 to corresponding 2021 folders? (Windows 10)

TOPICS
Error , Product issue , Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Go to Edit > Preferences.
  2. Import Synced settings from the cloud.
  3. Apply Updates button.
  4. Close.
  5. Restart Dreamweaver.

Failing that, copy settings from your old version.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Yes that it exactly what I tried. As you can see I tried everything. So this is a DW bug then. I will copy settings in the AppData folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for reporting. Could you please try below steps and let us know if your issue is resolved:

1) Quit all Adobe applications
2) Sign-out from Creative cloud desktop app and
3) Sign-in again with your adobe id
4) Launch Dw and check for sync settings.

Please let us know if the above steps doesn't work for you, we can further investigate the issue.

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I had also tried this and it hasn't made a difference. I just tried it again to be sure but no It doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for trying the previous work-arounds shared. Since the issue is with sync settings on your machine, can you please let us know if you can join us for a remote connect session(details sent via email) to investigate and resolve the issue on your machine.

Regards,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines