Highlighted

DW asks me after every time I change the code to save the changes

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Dreamweaver CC Built 10155 on Windows 10 64bit and every time after I change something in the code of the document and hit F5 DW asks me to save the changes in that file. How can I change that?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by BenPleysier | Adobe Community Professional

This most likely occurs when you are using PHP in live view even though you may be in Code view and is caused by the fact that the page has to be refreshed from the server after making a change.

Make sure Design view is turned on as in

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

DW asks me after every time I change the code to save the changes

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Dreamweaver CC Built 10155 on Windows 10 64bit and every time after I change something in the code of the document and hit F5 DW asks me to save the changes in that file. How can I change that?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by BenPleysier | Adobe Community Professional

This most likely occurs when you are using PHP in live view even though you may be in Code view and is caused by the fact that the page has to be refreshed from the server after making a change.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 23, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are not able to reproduce the issue at our end.

Could you please try clearing preferences and see if it resolves the issue.

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is expected behavior with PHP files in Live View.  As Ben said, turn off Live View.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2018 0
samcase LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks! That was it!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2018 0