Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW CC find tool help needed

Contributor ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

When I use the find and replace tool in DW CC - and I search for some term – it brings up the multiple results in a tab view.

As I recall in previous versions, if I was to click on one of the results it would immediately locate that result in the Code View window. This was very handy. It does not seem to work anymore.

I would like to simply click on one of the results and have it is selected directly in the Code View window.

Q:  How can I accomplish the same goal in the newer DW version?

In my case I have various sections listed throughout a page. They all start with something like <!-- section-name is ccc -->. so, if I search for "section-name" then it will find all of these. Then, I just want to click on the one I want and it will jump to  the same in the  Code View window.

Q: How best to do something like this? Maybe there is some newer, better way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

To use Find and Replace in the way you're used to, select Find > Find and Replace in Files (Ctrl+Shift+F/Cmd+Shift+F). This brings up a modified version of the old Find and Replace dialog box. By default, this will search the entire current local site. Just change the "in" drop-down menu to Current Document, and work as before.

The drop-down menu is sticky, so it will remember your choice for future searches.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To use Find and Replace in the way you're used to, select Find > Find and Replace in Files (Ctrl+Shift+F/Cmd+Shift+F). This brings up a modified version of the old Find and Replace dialog box. By default, this will search the entire current local site. Just change the "in" drop-down menu to Current Document, and work as before.

The drop-down menu is sticky, so it will remember your choice for future searches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your help David,

in help page - it agrees wth what you said... below

i refreshed the cache for the site - then

however in my case - when I double click on a result - nothing happens...

maybe prefs went bad - or reinstall?

To view search results:

• Select Window > Results > Searchto display the search results within the Search panel.

• Double-click a search result in the Search panel to view that instance within your document.

• Right-click the icon at the top of the Search panel to open the pop-up menu that provides more options for checking in and checking out files (if you are using a version control system), do more find and replace operations, clear search results, or close the Search panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

revdave  wrote

when I double click on a result - nothing happens...

Make sure that the focus is in Code View. Click anywhere in Code View before double-clicking the result in the Results panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANKS SO MUCH DAVID - That did the trick!!!!!!

Have a great night!

Make sure that the focus is in Code View. Click anywhere in Code View before double-clicking the result in the Results panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines