• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW CC2017 doesn't do color coding correctly!

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of us need to support thousands of pages of Classic ASP (.asp), yet Adobe in their ultimate wisdom has removed color coding for ASP!

Yes, VBScript is in the list, but when you open an ASP page, it doesn't auto-select VBScript, you have to manually select VBScript every time you open an ASP page! This is really a pain...

PHP works fine. Come'on Adobe -

(Yes, I entered a "feature request" for this - but shouldn't have needed to)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Hi everyone,

Please update to the latest version of Dreamweaver 2017.0.1 where most issues with code coloring have been addressed.

See Dreamweaver 2017.0.1 is now live  for more info.

This document  https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/customize-code-coloring.html has been updated to reflect changes.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PHP isn't great either, because there is not language specific code colouring as far as I can make out

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opened a support case with Adobe - it's already closed - they have no interest in reviewing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like they've decided that ASP support has been dropped .... I think you can run both CC 2015 and CC 2017 together ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's fine, but it's still supported (or should I say, able to be used) on the latest Microsoft platforms of IIS, and used on tons of websites.

So if they don't want ASP in the dropdown, at least add the functionality to automatically select VBScript when you open an ASP page.

These issues, on top of the rising costs of Adobe subscriptions is driving people away - I must admit, even I am on the fence at this point - and I've used this product even before it was Adobe (going back to the Macromedia days).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a vote here so we can hopefully get full flexibility back for code colouring:

Restore Full Code Colouring Flexibility – Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

The code colouring apart from being removed from the options because it's a half finished Brackets integration lacks serious flexibility, no language specific option even if you are prepared to edit the LESS theme file directly has been included.

I had an official response from Adobe that language-specific code colouring which is a feature in Brackets, is NOT included in the brackets integration with Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Please update to the latest version of Dreamweaver 2017.0.1 where most issues with code coloring have been addressed.

See Dreamweaver 2017.0.1 is now live  for more info.

This document  https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/customize-code-coloring.html has been updated to reflect changes.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran -

Color coding is still not correct with Classic ASP pages. I'm pretty sure Adobe doesn't care about Classic ASP at this point, but just thought I'd let you know in case Adobe wanted to fix color coding for all users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

We have started working on “Code Color Customization” improvements by adding support for customization of generic and language specific colors.

We have further stabilized the code coloring feature in our latest Prerelease build 15333.

You can refer to below thread for more details on code coloring customization improvements.
https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/dwalpha/discussion/467/dreamweaver-build-15333-is-now-available#l...

Please join Dreamweaver beta program from below link and try out the feature.

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/9EB451B5-D2E8-46E5-AFA2-78C85442FFA2/participate/CD0C95AA-6274-...

Please go ahead and try out the build and let inflow your thoughts/suggestions. Looking forward to your valuable feedback.

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines