• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW CC2018 Crashes When Searching

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anytime I go to Seach and use the open "Search In Files" Dreamweaver crashes... Just disappears form the screen and stops.   Works as expected in CC2017?

The other search options work just fine...

What can I do... Should I delete the app and re-insall it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Falling back is pretty simple...

1. Open the CC Desktop App

2. Click the Apps tab
3. Click the small triangle next to DW's Open/Install/Update icon
4. Choose Other Versions from the menu that comes up
5. Pick the one you want (I use CC2015 still personally)

From there on out, any time you install a newer version, make sure to click the Advanced Options link in the bottom of the installer dialogue. That allows you to turn off the Remove Older Versions option so you can keep your older, functional versi

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would submit a bug to Adobe regarding this issue (I forget the link for DW), uninstall 2018 and install 2017.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should ssay also that the feature DID WORK when I first installed CC 2018 but about two weeks ago it stopped working all of a sudden...  I spend a couple of hours making sure I didn't set an incorrect preference.  Since the software crashes anytime I click in Search In Files, I can't even attempt to change the directory to search in to see if that is the problem?  Puzzled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try clearing the program cache first, then restoring preferences, and if allelse fails, reinstall using the CC Cleaner Tool...

Clearing the Cache:

Deleting a corrupted cache file

Restoring Preferences:

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Cleaner Tool Reinstall:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Chances are, you won't need to go as far as full reinstallation. If you do all of the above, and it's still not working, then I'd suggest hitting the Bug Report forum and/or getting in touch with Customer Care and seeing what's causing that to happen on your system.

Bug Report:

Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs: Hot (759 ideas) – Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Customer Care:

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry... One last question.... How do I reinstall DW 2017???  I deleted the MacFileCache files and used the cleaner... Now I only have DE 2018 and the derned Find In Files option still crashes the program SO... I cannot go to DW2017 because the install deleted my older copies....  I'll just go to DW2017 to to replace in files options until a new version of DW comes out?

Thank you... Gettng old has its drawbacks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Falling back is pretty simple...

1. Open the CC Desktop App

2. Click the Apps tab
3. Click the small triangle next to DW's Open/Install/Update icon
4. Choose Other Versions from the menu that comes up
5. Pick the one you want (I use CC2015 still personally)

From there on out, any time you install a newer version, make sure to click the Advanced Options link in the bottom of the installer dialogue. That allows you to turn off the Remove Older Versions option so you can keep your older, functional version while checking for hiccups in the latest.

You can actually have all of the versions from the CC App installed on the same machines at the same time, under a single subscription, they just won't run concurrently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this issue repeatedly for YEARS in multiple versions of Dreamweaver and multiple versions of macOS. the one thing I have found that helps is to open several files (5 to 10) before starting a search, doesnt matter which files, I think this is probably some kind of memory overflow and opening a few files means the problem area of memory is kept busy.

Also if it crashes opening a specific file, then open that file and repeat the search, often but not always the problem file does not even contain the text you are searching for, which is why I think this is some kind of memory overflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For best search results, a local site folder should be defined (Site > Manage Sites) and reside on your computer's primary hard drive; not cloud or network drives.

[6 year old topic locked by moderator.  Please start a new topic with your DW version & system details.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines