• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW cs5 site control problem

Participant ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to re-enter my username and password in site control every time I restart Dreamweaver. I have purposefully properly quitting dreamweaver so the preferences would be sure to be saves. Rather tedious since I have multiple sites.

DW CS5 running on High Siera 10.13.2

This is a new computer and OS.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

If site definition settings are not holding in DW even after restoring preferences, use free Filezilla dedicated FTP client alongside DW.   

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 is legacy software -- now 8 versions behind the current DW CC.  It  was never officially tested on Mac Sierra.    You could try Restoring Preferences (see link below).   But I can't guarantee CS5 will ever perform as expected  on your new computer and OS.  

Restore preferences in Dreamweaver CS4, CS5, and CS5.5

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To bad there isn't a modern non-cloud version I could buy.  I guess I will be stuck re-entering passwords every time I update a file until I find my suitable non-cloud website building and management app.

Thanks Nancy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if it makes a difference, but the Creative Cloud version of the program is not cloud-based software. It still downloads and installs like the older versions to your local machine, it's just paid for monthly/annually as a subscription. Basically the program checks every now and again for a valid subscription attached to your login email and password. As long as the subscription exists, the program stays active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jon, I do realize that; however, when I had the cloud in 2013, even though I had copies in my applications folder, twice Adobe turned off all my programs, once for insufficient funds with no warning, this was a friday, I couldn't make a deposit until Monday, to be credited to the account on Tuesday.   I couldn't do any work for 4 days.  Then at the end of the year when I was happy to go to the $49. per month system, Adobe somehow glitched for a week and I had no Adobe for a week.  At this time I decided that after twice, the cloud wasn't for me.  I work on photography, publishing and or design every day,   I can't be waiting for someone to say it is ok today to use your stuff.

I reluctantly again had to go to the cloud for the photohop/lightroom package because of a new 46 megapixel  camera that forced me into a new computer.   As soon as the bumps get smoothed out I'll be switching to Capture One.  I haven't yet determined what my next web design program will be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If site definition settings are not holding in DW even after restoring preferences, use free Filezilla dedicated FTP client alongside DW.   

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Nancy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines