Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW CS6 acting weird in code view

Engaged ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW CS6 acting weird in code view

Been using DW CS6 for years with no problem but yesterday I must have done something inadvertently or DW just got corrupted in some way. One major problem/annoyance is that if I want to anything useful I have to use design view rather than code view. For example if I want to create a hyperlink. If I highlight the text in code view at the bottom of the page in “Properties” it only shows information about the div ID, Class and CSS panel which is useless, and nothing about HTML which would allow me to make the hyperlink. But if I highlight the same text in design view then I get the normal “Properties Panel” with lots options for both html and CSS. I used to get the same panel when I clicked on the text in code view.

Another example. I can only apply CSS to something from design view but not code view when I do a right click.

Though I used to do every thing in design view now I only do everything in code view. But, I use a split panel because I use design view as a quick way of finding the code I want to deal with in code view. But I really don’t want to use design view and lose the precision that comes with code view.

There are other buggy problems as well that suddenly appeared last night and make using DW irritating and slow.

So what have I done wrong that code view is not behaving properly? Do I have to reinstall? I tried using Time Machine to use a version of DW from before the problem started but that didn’t help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

After corresponding with Al privately we deduced that it is actually a DW issue. After toggling View > Style Rendering > Display Styles several times it resolved the issue. That saved me a lot of work because my next step was to reinstall CS6. I will also try some of Al's other suggestions. So to repeat it is not a PBX issue but a quirk in DW that was responsible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you try, when it happens to press ctrl T, or, ctrl L ? what happens in such a case... ???

I daily work in code view and most of the time that I need an hyperlink, I rarely use PI

that said, I agree that using Pick Quick in PI is a wonderfull feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You lost me. What is "PI" this is the Dreamweaver forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/VL+Branko  a écrit

You lost me.

Sorry... so what did happen when you select text in code view then you press either Ctrl T or Ctrl L

• using ctrl T you should have a tag editor opening, let you enter any anchor code that you like ?
  • using ctrl L should directly open a browser box to indicate the file to link

does any shortcut work for you ?

What is "PI" this is the Dreamweaver forum.

Sorry for this shortcut... PI mean Property Inspector

does this explanation make it clear ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that clarification. Sometimes acronyms make things difficult. Nothing happened. But as I pointed out to Al Sparber it seems to be only related to pages where I have used P7's Popbox Magic and I will take the issue to the P7 Forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your clarification... any way what happen if you press the shortcut.. did they work ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not on the pages that were giving me trouble. Nor on the other pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so the shortcut are disconnected ? are you using CS6 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am using DW CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so when working in code view if you select some text, the Ctrl T and Ctrl L shortcuts should work as expected...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the left edge of the Property Inspector, there are two mode options, stacked one atop the other:

<>HTML

..:: CSS

You inadvertently switched to CSS mode. Simply switch back to HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Al but that is only available when I have text highlighted in Design view as I mentioned in the OP.

I will figure out a way to show a screenshot so that you can what I am talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Al, on further investigation it appears to be an issue related to Popbox Magic. I will contact you on the P7 users forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/VL+Branko  wrote

Al, on further investigation it appears to be an issue related to Popbox Magic. I will contact you on the P7 users forum.

Actually, that would be physically impossible. We do not program any changes to the Property Inspector (PI). I just tested your workflow in CS6/Code View, on a page with multiple PBX instances and there is no issue. The Property Inspector works as expected.

I have not noticed a post from you on our forums, but do feel free to email us directly or give me a call. I'll be in the office most of the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just posted it now in the P7 forums, with this title  

"Possible bug in Popbox Magic interfering with DW code view"

please check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. But just so you know, there is no possible connection between PBX and the property inspector. None exist. I need a test page that has the problem, as well as simple and precise steps to reproduce. When I get that info (on our forum) I will tell you how to fix your page. It should be fairly simple and straightforward. I'm only posting here to end the thread in a logical way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After corresponding with Al privately we deduced that it is actually a DW issue. After toggling View > Style Rendering > Display Styles several times it resolved the issue. That saved me a lot of work because my next step was to reinstall CS6. I will also try some of Al's other suggestions. So to repeat it is not a PBX issue but a quirk in DW that was responsible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want, call me tomorrow and I can teach you all about deploying a Design Time CSS file. It's another option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines