• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW Keeps Jumping Back to the Top After I Make Changes...

Participant ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I make a change on my CSS and save it, when I click back in the Live View window to view the changes, DW jumps to the top of the website.  It did this yesterday as well and when I closed it down and re-opened it, that seemed to solve the problem.  But now that is not working anymore.  I don't know if I clicked something by accident to make this happen but would appreciate help in getting this fixed.  Thank you!

TOPICS
Error , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Switch to Design View from your Document Toolbar.
  2. Save often with Ctrl + S.
  3. Right-click on open document tab and select Open in Browser.
  4. Now keep your browser open while you edit in DW. 
  5. Use F5 or Ctrl + R in browser to refresh the page. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When adjusting a margin and using single-screen workspace, a stable live view is essential. Toggling to a browser to see your effects is not a good enough solution. In years past, Dreamweaver was excellent for minor CSS adjustments, because you could watch the live view move with as you drag a margin, padding, or font size. I would love to go back to that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what product you were using, but Dreamweaver has always required that you save changes first and then hit refresh (F5) to view results.

Make sure you're in LIVE view and not DESIGN view on your Document Toolbar.  Or you can toggle between them with Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + F11 (function keys must be enabled).

Hope that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Replying to forum notification aimed directly at adobe support which caused post here. Removed for Privacy]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're trying to reply to copies of forum posts that landed in your email inbox.  DO NOT reply to email copies of forum posts. 

Use the web forum's private messaging system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, but that is annoying how all that works. The emails are bad, lol.
Nothing too bad in that response buts its a private email so removed the content from here for the OP just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My post was the only way to communicate with Adobe employees emailing in response to this thread. The Adobe employee's company email box was full and would not accept my reply. Adobe employees were asking for an appointment so they can see the live view jumping to the top when I try am trying to work in the code box or CSS manager for a particular section. I have read two of your posts toward me. I won't be back to this forum for another several years. 

You said you "dont' know what software I am using." It's always worked the clunky way you say. My original posts was correct. Your post was condescending and wrong. 

DO NOT (I noticed your all caps) think you are providing help or good service. This is not an inviting environment. Go ahead and delete this now, too. I really need to move my firm away from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe employees don't usually reach out via email as a response to a forum post. They will typically post here first, giving instructions how to contact them directly for additional troubleshooting

Make sure you are only working with Adobe reps that have @Deleted User email addresses. 

Anything else is going to be a scammer, taking advantage of the forum's Private Messaging system, and trying to take your money or personal information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Always do. It was an Adobe.com email address. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines