• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dw support feedback

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into issues with having edited a default css template in Dw version 18.1.  I got onto the online support to find out if there was a copy of the orginal file that I could over-ride the edited version.  The support guy, apart from taking a fair while to respond, came back with the stock standard advice of 'run a update' but seemed to not understand this simple request; also saying that file was not linked to Dw.

In the end I donloaded the latest version, 20.1, and there was the exact same css file that I was after.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's how I learned as well, except I did not seek the advice from Adobe online support.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Customer Care is mainly for billing and activation issues. They don't teach people how to use the software.  That's not their job.  Don't expect them to be knowledgeable about using software either.  Again, that's not their job.  That's what these community forums are for.

Either make a backup copy of the script or CSS file BEFORE editing.  Or use a separate stylesheet for custom styles and overrides.  Never tamper with the originals.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah so that's whay I was transferred around different departments.

That is the first thing I did; backup copy made and renamed the one I'm working from. Phew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines