Highlighted

DW Tutorial Issues

New Here ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm brand, brand new to Dreamweaver.

I'm learning how to use it and following along with the tutorials but it seems as though I continue to run into style errors while following the tutorial video's exactly.

I've downloaded and extracted zip files used them in the program while following along making sure that each and everything I type is the same but I continue to have styling issues with the CSS. Header won't be put to the right, font size and coloring is off, picture has pixels between it and the border, etc. Why wouldn't the styling from the zip file be the same as the tutorial? Or am I missing something?

TOPICS
Learn Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

DW Tutorial Issues

New Here ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm brand, brand new to Dreamweaver.

I'm learning how to use it and following along with the tutorials but it seems as though I continue to run into style errors while following the tutorial video's exactly.

I've downloaded and extracted zip files used them in the program while following along making sure that each and everything I type is the same but I continue to have styling issues with the CSS. Header won't be put to the right, font size and coloring is off, picture has pixels between it and the border, etc. Why wouldn't the styling from the zip file be the same as the tutorial? Or am I missing something?

TOPICS
Learn Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 09, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're likely missing something, but it's impossible for us to tell what that could be without knowing what tutorial you're using, the version of the program (and if it differs from the tutorial) and without being able to see your work.

There is very likely something wrong in the code of your page. Run the validators below to get a listing...

HTML: Ready to check - Nu Html Checker

CSS: The W3C CSS Validation Service

If there's nothing wrong with the code, it could be that you are not working with a defined site: Define a site

It could be that you are in Design View when the tutorial is in Live View...

...Design View won't show your actual page and many things that are coded in it are simply not available there.

It could also be that the version of the program in the tutorial just differs greatly from the version you are using and it's causing confusion.

If none of the above applies, we would need to know which tutorial, OS and DW version you're using and have access to your files. If you could post your work in progress to a server you have access to, even in a test location, then share a link to it here, we could take a look and compare to your tutorial.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 1
New Here ,
May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So I guess I should try and list out everything. Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2018 file version is 18.1.0.10155 and I'm running Windows 10 64 bit. I know the tutorial is on mac but the features on the tutorial line up. Also I'm using google chrome as primary web browser. I'm having issues on the layout and style web pages with CSS. Everything up to this point I've done exactly the same and everything has looked the same. It's just when the webpage loads with the preset CSS that they give you in the zip file the design gets all over the place.

I'm using developer mode like they tell me too. And I'll post the page later, I'm going to run through the tutorials again just to make sure I'm double checking but I double checked as I went and paused the tutorials to make sure everything looked right. I just checked on IE as well and still have same issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2018 0