• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW Version 2019 slow and crashing

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used - and loved - Dreamweaver from long before it was taken over by Adobe... about which I will refrain myself from saying anything... and I upgraded to version 2019 but now I'm as irritated as heck.

First off, it crashed on opening. Secondly when I did get it working, it takes AGES to load (I worry about all the stuff it's loading in the background). The improvements were thin on the ground, but what i noticed was that everything took longer to do (comparing it to the 2017 version) and I've had it totally freeze and CRASH numerous times when I'm in the middle of working on a simple html file.

Few days ago, it froze, then crashed, and when I tried to re-open it, it basically reinstalled itself to all the defaults. It lost my organised workspace, menus, and worst of all, all my own snippets, and I had to search the internet to find how to recover them and reinstall them.

Yesterday it decided to freeze again, and nothing would recover it. I had to go CNTL-ALT-DEL and end the program, losing all my work. Great.

So I've gone back to the 2017 version, in desperation and anger. You would think an update would be an improvement, not a backward step. It's about time Adobe got their act together and provided - at the very least - a patch for all these known problems.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're sorry to hear you're having trouble using Dreamweaver. We understand it could be annoying. I would request you to please get in touch with our support team for 1:11 support using this link: Contact Customer Care so that they can provide you the real-time support for the same.

We're seeing issues regarding the same and the team is already working on it. Please let me know if you face any issues contacting the support. I'd be happy to help.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines