Highlighted

DW will not start on Win10

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I intalled a trial of Dreamweaver a few days ago and it worked fine. When I tried to restart it, it requested a verification code, which validated OK. But now when I start DW it loops loading random-looking photos with the names of the photographers at bottom left.
I have tried uninstalling both DW and Creative Cloud using the Adobe tool, and have reinstalled, but the same thing is still happening. I have attached a screenshot of the window that is looping.
Can anyone help please?

[Document removed by Moderator. Such documents can contain malicious code and should never be posted in this forum. It is easy to post an image using the tools of this forum]

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

DW will not start on Win10

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I intalled a trial of Dreamweaver a few days ago and it worked fine. When I tried to restart it, it requested a verification code, which validated OK. But now when I start DW it loops loading random-looking photos with the names of the photographers at bottom left.
I have tried uninstalling both DW and Creative Cloud using the Adobe tool, and have reinstalled, but the same thing is still happening. I have attached a screenshot of the window that is looping.
Can anyone help please?

[Document removed by Moderator. Such documents can contain malicious code and should never be posted in this forum. It is easy to post an image using the tools of this forum]

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are a bonavide poster, please post an image by using

BenPleysier_0-1598538526888.png

If you have an alternative motive, please refrain from posting.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

errerr

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be an issue with CC not being able to connect to the Adobe servers. If I install and start DW offline it works OK.
I have disable firewall and antivirus but CC still says it cannot connect.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to open the app offline it refused to let me work because I can't check subscription status. This is a shot of the whole screen.  I need to be able to try before I buy, because if I take out a paid sub and this continues to happen I'm going to look pretty stupid.DWerr2.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to say I also turned off auto date/time sync on my laptop's clock

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this help article about network connection issues.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy for your helpful and constructive response. I'll let you know how I get on, but it will be tomorrow as I am on vacation with my family.
The initial response to my post was so rude that I put it on FB and everyone there is falling around laughing! Why permit people to upload Word docs and then chastise them for uploading a forbidden file format? Hysterical.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fellow ACP isn't wrong, in fact, I agree with Ben about attached files.  They're too risky for consumption from a public user-to-user forum. I'd prefer to see attachments abolished entirely -- an opinion not shared by all, I'm afraid. 

Stay safe & have a nice vacation with your family.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 1
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am a grumpy old man fast approching his 80th birthday and I have experienced malicious posters first hand. I am glad that you are not one of them and my apologies for being rude to you.

Actually, look at it this way, if the post was malicious, would my remark be clasified as rude?

Keep safe and have a great time while holidaying.

PS: Facebook? Will this make me famous? Pity that I am not in my prime to enjoy it for a longer period.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the suggested fixes and still have the same issue. My trial expires today anyway so I'm just going to have to abandon Dreamweaver. It's a shame because I used to use an earlier version and liked it. (I assume older licenses are no longer valid? We are talking 10 years here.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had a paid subscription, I would tell you to contact tech support for assistance. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

"I assume older licenses are no longer valid?"

Depends.  Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported.   CS1, CS2 and CS3 are officially dead & gone. The activation servers were retired years ago. So even if you find an installer, it's impossible to activate the software.
--------------------------
CS4, CS5 and CS6 are on life support. But they can still be activated with the following:
1. original media (disks or downloads) you received at purchase,
2. a legitimate serial number for that particular version, language and platform (Win/Mac),
3. an older operating system that can support legacy 32-bit apps.
--------------------------

NOTE: I don't recommend using outdated web authoring software.  The web has changed too much.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!  Adobe staff never use Outlook, Gmail or Skype to contact customers.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0