Highlighted

DW won't save my code - files are blank and empty after saving

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Dreamweaver won't save my code. After I create a new page, if I select all, deleted the basic HTML generated and paste in another page I've created's HTML into it, after I save, close and reopen, the entire code (EXCEPT for the first two characters <! ) are missing. Very strange.

I'm on a MacBook Pro using Mojave and Adobe CC, DW version 19.2.1 (the latest release). I was on a call with Adobe support for almost an hour today with no resolution or fix. I had to take off to head to a work meeting. Any help/ideas would be much appreciated.

I've attached two images. The BEFORE shows the pasted HTML code in the file in DW. I saved and reopened and what you see in the AFTER image attached here shows the issue I'm experiencing. As you can see, only the first two HTML characters were saved in the file.

Best,

Ryan

TOPICS
Code, Error, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

DW won't save my code - files are blank and empty after saving

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Dreamweaver won't save my code. After I create a new page, if I select all, deleted the basic HTML generated and paste in another page I've created's HTML into it, after I save, close and reopen, the entire code (EXCEPT for the first two characters <! ) are missing. Very strange.

I'm on a MacBook Pro using Mojave and Adobe CC, DW version 19.2.1 (the latest release). I was on a call with Adobe support for almost an hour today with no resolution or fix. I had to take off to head to a work meeting. Any help/ideas would be much appreciated.

I've attached two images. The BEFORE shows the pasted HTML code in the file in DW. I saved and reopened and what you see in the AFTER image attached here shows the issue I'm experiencing. As you can see, only the first two HTML characters were saved in the file.

Best,

Ryan

TOPICS
Code, Error, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 20, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Did you define a local site folder on your primary hard drive and not a networked or cloud drive?
  • Dies your computer user profile have administrative level permissions to read/write/save files to hard drive?
  • If unsure, try creating a new user profile with admin level permissions. 
  • Are you pasting valid code into your HTML document?
    https://validator.w3.org/

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you update the doctype to HTML5, and then comment out that hidden span tag that starts with the %%[ code?

To update the doctype...
1. Click Page Properties in the Properties Window (make sure the HTML button is active on the left of the window)
2. Click Title/Encoding
3. For Document type (DTD) choose HTML5
4. Click Apply then OK

To comment out the <span> tag 

1. Add <!-- in front of the opening <span> and then --> at the end of the </span>

Save As test.html and reopen

I seem to remember CC2018 having issues like this caused by code it couldn't recognize. Maybe the bug continued into CC2019. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2019 1