Highlighted

DW19: Accidentally disabled design view for server-side language files

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I program with ColdFusion and usually keep a small design view window above my code view for navigation purposes. I just updated to Dreamweaver 19 and wasn't paying complete attention when it was popping up new preference dialogs and now nothing is showing up in the design view. How do I go about telling DW that it doesn't need to worry about the CFML and just render the HTML that it can? Google is failing me.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

DW19: Accidentally disabled design view for server-side language files

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I program with ColdFusion and usually keep a small design view window above my code view for navigation purposes. I just updated to Dreamweaver 19 and wasn't paying complete attention when it was popping up new preference dialogs and now nothing is showing up in the design view. How do I go about telling DW that it doesn't need to worry about the CFML and just render the HTML that it can? Google is failing me.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 21, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 was the last version of DW to support Coldfusion.  

Are you working within a defined local site folder?

Are you working with valid HTML code?

Is your testing server running?

Are you in Live View?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for checking in, Nancy! I suspect the fact it's ColdFusion is largely irrelevant because it's been working in 18.2 fine (and still is, if I open that version, as you can see in the screenshot below.)

• Are you working within a defined local site folder? - Yes, that part's fine.
  • Are you working with valid HTML code? - Yes. (I tried stripping a page down to bare bones just to test.)
  • Is your testing server running? Yes, and I can upload to it fine.
  • Are you in Live View? - No, split code/design view. (A lot of the pages I'm working with are includes for other pages and wouldn't work by themselves on Live.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Design is useless.  To see includes, I must be in Split/Live view.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2018 0