Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edge Web Fonts && Adobe Fonts

Engaged ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I feel some confused about the simultaneous existence of Adobe Fonts (aka Typekit) and also Adobe Edge Web Fonts. I has problems with the SYNC in Adobe Fonts. I have many of them ACTIVE but usually the system get unconnected and no more sync as if I had never activated the fonts.

On the the other hand I open the Dreamweaver CC (the last) and on the Fonts Manager I find the option to include Adobe Edge Web Fonts. And the type faces I found there I like very much, better than the current Adobe Fonts site (which server is failing so often).

My concern is: What does it have to do one with the other? Why Adobe Fonts in one side and ADOBE Edge web fonts on the other hand. Why Adobe company don't just UNIFY or JOIN both, and avoid silly confusions like mine? I am not asking how to use it, how to embed, how to install, no... but why use one instead of the other?

Other thing within Dreamweaver: Why in the Fonts Manager interface, the Adobe Fonts are not shown there? I see only the edge web fonts but no specific fonts like "Expo sans", "Liberteen" or "Cronos" which I activated in Adobe Fonts. Or when the Sync comes back, they will be shown?

As a creative cloud subscriber I want tp take advantage of the Adobe Fonts licensing but their Sync is problematic. If I see that Edge Web Fonts SYNC never goes down, I might go for it. Opinions, please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

I copy & paste web fonts code into my document (or an include file) and add the font-family to my stylesheet.

UPDATED 2/26/2022

Effective July 2022, Adobe Edge Fonts will be discontinued.  Please switch to Adobe Fonts or other replacement fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only used Adobe Fonts as per Adobe Fonts | Explore unlimited fonts

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. I'd like to state the same but unfortunately this sync that goes away and after hours come back... well... of course I can implement some font stacks but I see very often this downside of the Adobe Fonts. You think can I implement in addition to an Adobe Font, another web font from other web site (like ggl... or fntsqrr...) in case Adobe fails? Thank U.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I nearly always use Google fonts unless the client stipulates otherwise. No problem with Google.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copy & paste web fonts code into my document (or an include file) and add the font-family to my stylesheet.

UPDATED 2/26/2022

Effective July 2022, Adobe Edge Fonts will be discontinued.  Please switch to Adobe Fonts or other replacement fonts.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that in one or other way you have to put the URL from where you call the fonts, right? I think that because the adobe fonts (or edge WF) can not be downloaded to the local computer; it's just referenced, connected. So, if the Adobe servers fails (goes off connection), the embedded adobe fonts will not be displayed on my site, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.  That goes for ANY asset  hosted on any content distribution network (CDN) like  jQuery, Bootstrap, web fonts, images, Amazon Web Services, etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making experiments, I noticed that even when my creative cloud interface tells me that I don't have active fonts, actually I have because when I use the  respective link:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://use.typekit.net/my-project.css">
It works! It renders with the the fonts I selected. But I don't know why the interface shows me the contrary. Thanks a lot!cc-nofonts.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a Creative Cloud Desktop App question. 

1. Click the 3 dots icon (top right corner). 
  2. Is file synching up to date?  If not, click Check for App Updates
  3. Another tip is to sign-out of CC Desktop App, get a cup of coffee, sign back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines