• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit a site that is online I developed years ago

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I developed a simple site several years ago that I would lime to edit with Dreamweaver. I used Dreamweaer theen but do not know how to open it up for editing. campaignbillboard.com.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont you have the ftp login details you used to upload the files to your server when you originally put the website up. You need to get those ftp details, login and download the files to edit them, then re-upload them when edited.

If you dont have the ftp details you will have to contact your hosting provider to obtain them. Dreamweaver has an ftp client built in so you can connect to your server and download the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use Filezilla or some other FTP client to GET files from your server so you can edit locally in Dreamweaver.

Some friendly advice.  Start over.  Modern web sites don't use XHTML documents or table-based layouts anymore.

If you want to maintain & edit the site online with a browser, you'll need to create a new site that has a built-in content management system (CMS) like WordPress.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines