• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit preferences crashes Dreamweaver 2019

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I upgraded to Dreamweaver 2019, I have been unable to edit preferences.  The program simply crashes whenever I try.  Anyone else having this problem?  Anyone have a solution?  Thanks -- Doug Schwarz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't seen that issue come up yet. No problems with my own.

Try restoring preferences and if that doesn't help, a clean reinstall may do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck.  I have now removed and reinstalled Dreamweaver and still have the problem.  The clean reinstall utility was of no use, since there is not an option specific to Dreamweaver.  (I guess I could reinstall the entire Creative Cloud suite, but that seems a bit drastic.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't suggest doing that either. Jon's suggestion should have helped ,and the only other reason I can think of would be an outdated graphic driver. But that should cause you problems everywhere, not just the Preferences dialog.

I suggest getting in touch with us directly using this link Contact Customer Care​ Let me know if you have any challenges in contacting us. After your issue is resolved, I request you to return and post the solution here for the benefit of other users.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which operating system do you have?

Are you using any 3rd party DW extensions?

Please check your crash logs / Windows Event Viewer to see which faulting module is causing DW to crash.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines