Highlighted

Editing in code view in Dreamweaver CC

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a hard time just altering an html tag, such as an image tag, in code view of Dreamweaver CC. For instance, take an image tag. The entire tag is highlighted in orange and it won't let me make any changes to the tag. Nothing happens when I try to type. It's very frustrating. Please help.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

You can edit your code color Theme's Less file to change colors.

Re: Solution: White on Mint Green Code Color.

Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Editing in code view in Dreamweaver CC

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a hard time just altering an html tag, such as an image tag, in code view of Dreamweaver CC. For instance, take an image tag. The entire tag is highlighted in orange and it won't let me make any changes to the tag. Nothing happens when I try to type. It's very frustrating. Please help.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 22, 2018 0
Mentor ,
Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's most likely user error, but impossible to accurately diagnose without you providing a link to an actual page.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, I have this figured out. For some reason, when the entire tag is highlighted with the dark orange, my cursor just disappears. However, if I click where I want to type, and start typing, it was working just now. I just can't see where my cursor is.  I'd love to be able to eliminate that highlighting - or at least make it lighter. I don't see any place to do that, though. Am I missing something? Am I the only one that has this problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

what is the Dreamweaver build are you using?

We are not able to reproduce the issue from our end. could you please try clearing DW Preferences and see if the issue is resolved.

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2018 0