Highlighted

Email Button in Dreamweaver

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an "Email me" button in Dreamweaver but when i click it it is not opening my default email client. This is the code for button:

<div class="button">EMAIL ME </div>

<a href="mailto:blah blah blah"></a>

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by BenPleysier | Adobe Community Professional

Try

<div class="button"><a href="mailto:blah blah blah">EMAIL ME</a></div>

This is because the wording should be within the link and the (div)button is the container for the link. Actually you could get away with

<a href="mailto:blah blah blah" class="button">EMAIL ME</a>

if the right style rules are created.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Email Button in Dreamweaver

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an "Email me" button in Dreamweaver but when i click it it is not opening my default email client. This is the code for button:

<div class="button">EMAIL ME </div>

<a href="mailto:blah blah blah"></a>

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by BenPleysier | Adobe Community Professional

Try

This is because the wording should be within the link and the (div)button is the container for the link. Actually you could get away with

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 13, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2018 0
Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using a current version of DW, the code for a Mailto link is in your Snippets folder.

That said, I don't think anybody should  ever post their email address online unless they are junk e-mail masochists.  The robot harvesters will be all over your address in no time and selling it to everybody they possibly can.   Your inbox will soon  be stuffed with spam.

If you want people to reach out to you, use a scripted contact form that hides your email address & thwarts spambots.   Contact your web host and ask them if they have a form-to-email script you can use.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice, I am interested creating HTML forms with dreamwaver . I’m especially interested in the form validation part using CSS.Can anyone help me?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2018 0
Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2018 0