Highlighted

email links

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi group

I am using dreamweaver cs3. I cant seem to create email links that work. When rollin over them , they appear to be a link, but clicking on them produces no reaction. I would appreciate any ideas you can offer.

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

email links

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi group

I am using dreamweaver cs3. I cant seem to create email links that work. When rollin over them , they appear to be a link, but clicking on them produces no reaction. I would appreciate any ideas you can offer.

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 25, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I have a little different perspective now, Even email links I created years in the past dont work any more. Is that just the way it is?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you are asking. Please supply the code that you are using for the links.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your reply

<td><div align="center"><a href="mailto:ljoseph2@earthlink.net">Laura Joseph</a></div></td>

What I am refering to is that when I create an email link, when I click on it, an email program opens with the recipient in the "to" line. Now when I click on an email link, nothing happens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2019 0
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing wrong with the code, it works as it should

junk.jpg

Browsers normally use your operating system's default mail program to send an email message. If that is not an email client such as Outlook, then nothing will happen. That is one of the reasons NOT to use the email link. Other reasons include security.

For more, have a look at https://michoninternational.com/michon-news/never-use-a-href-mailto-or-html-mailto-on-a-website/

Incidently, your other post tells you much the same.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2019 0
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mailto links are not reliable or safe.  You need an actual contact form that protects your e-mail address from harvesters, thwarts spam bots and safely transfers data from your server to your e-mail address.  Ask your web hosting provider which form-to-email scripts they recommend you use with your hosting plan.  Some hosts like GoDaddy have scripts already on the server that you can activate from your C-Panel.   Failing that, you could use a 3rd party form service like Wufoo.com where form data is gathered and processed on their servers, not yours.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2019 0