• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed outlook calendar in Dreamweaver site

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does anyone know if it is possible to embed an outlook calendar in a Dreamweaver website? I am using older software: office/outlook 2010 and adobe creative suite cs4. Please any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Use an iframe to embed the HTML calendar in your web page.   Likewise, if you were using Google Calendar, you would use an iframe.

Add a Google calendar to your website - Calendar Help

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need a server-side scripting language, like ColdFusion, which has been working with Exchange Server since at least CF v8.

Google "CFExchangeCalendar".

V/r,

^ _ ^

UPDATE:  Since you are using an older version of DW (congrats!  I like CS5.5, myself), you may not have ALL of the CFEXCHANGE support built in to DW, but you can google the tag and anything else for attributes to make sure you're getting the full experience of whichever version of CF you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your answers. I had been reading that article that you linked to above actually. I was hoping to embed the calendar onto a page in the website, this method provides a link but when I paste the link onto the page it does nothing. I’m guessing I am missing some code. I am EXTREMELY rusty on all things web-design related. I just recently built a small simple site for the first time in 10 years.

In regards to the ColdFusion method. Forgive me for sounding like an idiot, but would that have been included in CS4? I did search ColdFusion in my computer files and a folder appeared but I’m not really sure where to go from there. You said to google the tag. Would that be “CFEXCHANGECALENDAR” ?

Thanks again for any help you can offer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

smurphykate  wrote

Thank you so much for your answers. I had been reading that article that you linked to above actually. I was hoping to embed the calendar onto a page in the website, this method provides a link but when I paste the link onto the page it does nothing. I’m guessing I am missing some code. I am EXTREMELY rusty on all things web-design related. I just recently built a small simple site for the first time in 10 years.

Well, embedding the link on a page should set it so that when the link is clicked the calendar will appear as another page.  One approach, if you are not familiar with server-side scripting, is to open that link in a browser, do a "View Source" and copy the relevant code then paste it into your page.  (By relevant code, I mean just what you need for the calendar like any CSS, the calendar code, etc., and removing the <html>, <head>, <body> tags and anything else that isn't relevant to just the calendar.)  This would, effectively, embed the calendar into your page.  But, again, this would be static, and if anything on the calendar changed, you would have to go through the publishing process, view source, copy/paste, etc., to get that updated information into the calendar.  This is where a server-side scripting language would be beneficial, as every time the page loads you would be retrieving the "latest and greatest" updated information in real time.

smurphykate  wrote

In regards to the ColdFusion method. Forgive me for sounding like an idiot, but would that have been included in CS4? I did search ColdFusion in my computer files and a folder appeared but I’m not really sure where to go from there. You said to google the tag. Would that be “CFEXCHANGECALENDAR” ?

It would NOT have been included in CS4, nor any other version of DreamWeaver.  ColdFusion Server is an application that is installed on a server (or your local machine), configured to work with whatever webserver you are using (IIS, Apache), and it takes the CF code you write to generate HTML on the fly and send it to the browser.  If you are not using a webserver and are viewing the files directly (which can be problematic), ColdFusion Server has a "built-in" webserver that you can use as an alternative to IIS or Apache.  The downside to that is that when you view your pages, the URL has to have the port number added to it (http://localhost:8500, or http://127.0.0.1:8500) because the built-in webserver does not take control of ports 80 (http) or 443 (https) as those are reserved.  And, yes, CFEXCHANGECALENDAR would be the appropriate tag.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case you are not familiar with how the web works:

With static htm/html pages, the client system (you) opens a browser and makes a request by entering a URL which points to a specific webserver, the webserver "reads" the code in that document, sends it back to the client system where the browser parses the code and generates what you see in the window.

Server-side scripting is a little different.  When your browser sends the request (say, to an index.cfm page), the webserver looks at the request, taps the ColdFusion server on the shoulder and says "Hey, this user wants to see this."  CFServer then looks at the code in index.cfm, generates HTML on the fly, including any database information if applicable, gives it back to the webserver, which the webserver then sends back to your browser for parsing/displaying.

I've been coding ColdFusion since 2000, and I gotta say, I absolutely love it.  I've also learned JavaScript, jQuery (a Javascript library), and SQL (Structured Query Language) for pulling information from a database, making interactive sites/pages a dream.

If you are aimed at getting into the coding experience on a serious level, I highly recommend learning ANY server-side language (CF, ASP, PHP, JSP, etc.) and CSS, Javascript, jQuery.  It can be hair-pulling, at times, but the rewarding feeling of making something from scratch is worth it.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CORRECTION:  I take that back.. apparently, you _CAN_ publish an Outlook calendar to HTML.

Check this article.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use an iframe to embed the HTML calendar in your web page.   Likewise, if you were using Google Calendar, you would use an iframe.

Add a Google calendar to your website - Calendar Help

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! The iframe is exactly what I was looking for I think. Do you know if changes to the calendar will be shown?

edited: I wasn’t authorized to make changes but now I see that it does update. THANKS AGAIN!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

smurphykate  wrote

Do you know if changes to the calendar will be shown?

They will with Google Calendar.  I'm not certain about Outlook. 

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines