Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedded HTML5 Video in Dreamweaver for Mobile Devices

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My goal is to have a video automatically play on a webpage, when the page is clicked. I've followed these steps:

1. In Dreamweaver click Insert > HTML> HTML5 Video
  2. Uploaded an MP4, Ogg, WebM and SWF video file format. In addition a PNG image for the Poster field.

My results: the video plays fine within the webpage on my desktop computer. Unfortunately I can't get the video to play on my iPhone. It only displays the PNG "Poster" image.

Here's the website incase it's helpful: VLC Intro,  then choose #1 Why Become tab, and the rabbit icon. A video of a rabbit should move on the top-left side of the page.

Thank you for any help you can provide! Jen

HTML 5 Properties.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Autoplay is not universally supported.   At one time, all mobile devices rejected autoplay to save users from excessive bandwidth consumption.   Best advice, don't use autoplay.

Incidentally, you no longer need OGG , WEBM or Flash fallbacks.  MP4 is recognized by all browsers now.

<video poster="POSTER_IMAGE.jpg" controls>

<source src="YOUR_VIDEO.mp4" type="video/mp4">

</video>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Autoplay is not universally supported.   At one time, all mobile devices rejected autoplay to save users from excessive bandwidth consumption.   Best advice, don't use autoplay.

Incidentally, you no longer need OGG , WEBM or Flash fallbacks.  MP4 is recognized by all browsers now.

<video poster="POSTER_IMAGE.jpg" controls>

<source src="YOUR_VIDEO.mp4" type="video/mp4">

</video>

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines